Chimneys with smoke effect: Is this glitch known?

Hello,

I noticed these artifacts near some chimneys with smoke effect… I suppose this is a glitch of the smoke vs water maybe? Because I only noticed it here… Already reported?

Isnt the smoke WeLoveVFR?

1 Like

Yeah, well I should have been precise. There are 2 superposed 3D chimney sets one from the We Love VFR and the other one from a custom scenery.

Unfortunately we can’t prioritize scenery in MSFS to exclude a global scenery element from another custom scenery…

Are you saying this issue is related to 3rd party addons? If so, good luck getting MS Asobo to address it.

No I am not saying anything, I am asking if this is a known glitch…

The custom scenery uses the Smoke Effect Library (available on flitghtsim.to)

And the We Love VFR has its own smoke effect as well…

Edit: I was just wondering if the Smoke Effects from either package were creating this artifacts “reflection” in the water…

Well that’s true. You might not have said it, but you certainly typed it.

Probably. I don’t use 3rd party addons, and I’ve never seen that glitch.

As this is in regards to third party products, it has been moved to the appropriate category.

2 Likes

I am always amazed at some replies here…

As a scenery developer myself, I was simply curious to see if the smoke effect against water creates these artifacts…

The smoke effect is not developed as a custom addon, it is part of the dev mode of MSFS… The 3D (custom addon) shape is not the cause…

Hello,
I changed your title and added the tag puffin-flight (they’re the ones who make We Love VFR).

There is a similar bug for blocky cloud reflections here:

And apparently (though I haven’t tried it) if you change your cubemap settings, it gets fixed. Now, is it Microsoft’s/Asobo’s intention that it be that way? I don’t know.

1 Like

I think in the early days of visual effects in MSFS there were no reflections from effects at all. I’ll have to test it, but what you see is definitely not intentional. I don’t think we have control over reflections in the visual effects editor at all, so for now I’d assume it’s a bug in the sim or very low reflection settings being wonky.

1 Like

This is exactly what I think as well and this is why I was not sure about 3rd party addon being the cause :slight_smile:

This is as you say something in the nature of a bug in the the effect generated by the engine vs water behind it

I added also a post on the dev forum about this

https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/questions/7838/anyone-noticed-these-artifacts-with-smoke-effect-a.html

Observations

Well - Sylvain (who I believe is with Asobo?) replied to you on the Dev Support Board so you’re about as direct contact as you can be with the developer without actually being in Bordeaux. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for replying! I don’t know the SDK very well, but I also don’t think you would have the ability to alter it, as it seems intrinsic to the sim.

I altered the wording in my post because it was a little ambiguous on that before.