Choppy HUD in external view, very low refresh rate after update to 1.12.13.0

Brief description of the issue:
After the Christmas update 1.12.13.0 I get very low refresh rate of the external HUD on all instruments: altimeter, airspeed, vertical speed. I’ve got around 40-50 fps during gameplay, so it’s not my fps that causes this. It started happening after the recent update.
I tried to change the glasscockpit refresh rate to high, but this doesn’t help at all.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
Here’s a video showing this new behaviour:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. launch the game with any location and aircraft
  2. Observe the low refresh rate of the instruments

Prior the update it used to work just fine, very smooth.

I have the same problem! It does not look nice.
Here my example.

No it doesn’t look nice at all. It spoils this pleasant effect of a smooth and realistic gameplay (immersion) badly when the plane sails in the air nicely, but the indicators are jumpy as if it was Commodore 64 :confused:

PS. An idea came to my mind to try to dig in the FS config files. I remember the fix from the community for low fps in airliners’ cockpits when FS 2020 was launched. The fix changed the refresh rate in config files. Afterwards Asobo addressed this with a new setting in GUI (refresh rate). Hopefully the HUD refresh rate is also controlled by similar settings in the config files.

Same problem here exactly as in the video.
It was always really smooth before this last update for me.

Yeah, to me it’s the worst update ever (did you see the peaks all over the place already in any location?). It also performs worse to me now than before. A bit more choppy, more often. And sometimes the games is loading for ages without any apparent disk activity (I’ve got SSD).

Please vote for this thread to give it more visibility ot the devs. Thanks!

Submitted a bug report to zendesk

1 Like

I did that too before creating this thread

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.