Cirrus SR22 List of Issues

Here is a small list of issues for the SR22 that I came up with. I’m not an expert on the plane, but I think these are inaccuracies/problems. Please correct me if I’m wrong on anything.

Needs:

• Mixture control does absolutely nothing. The only thing I can do to save fuel while cruising is turn the pump off.
  • Level AP button doesn’t work as far as I can tell. Should maintain current heading and altitude on press I believe. When I press it the plane instantly goes into a steep descend.
  • General broken AP. Most issues are related to altitude mode. I almost always stick to manual/VFR with this plane in the sim due to AP issues.

Nice to have:

• Differential steering.
  • Would be really nice to get the keyboard working, but it’s a custom Cirrus thing.
  • Flap light shouldn’t be on during preflight, but that’s being picky.
  • trim indicators on yoke to work.

Fixed:
Amp meter looks like it is working now after the 2nd patch, so that’s good. Before the patch it would always read 0.

Others things I would like to see are just general MFD issues like an Engine view, lean assist, and add the grayed out features in the flight plan menu.

5 Likes

Are you reporting these on Zendesk (link at top of screen)? If not, the developers will not see them.

2 Likes

I just did. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you, too. :small_airplane: :smiley_cat:

and doesn’t mention asymmetrical neutral position rudder pedals in the cockpit

The SR"22" in this game is a hot mess - there are SO many things wrong with it it’s frustrating to even try and fly. FWIW, I’m a pilot and have flown the SR22 and am in the process of buying one IRL.

For starters, it appears to have the four cylinder SR20 engine and not the six cylinder in the SR22. The SR22 has a VNE of 201kts but the “SR22” in MSFS has a VNE of 150kts. So while a real SR22 will cruise in the 170-180 range, the MSFS plane will only cruise in the 140s. That’s a pretty big screw up for a “simulator”. The SR20 also has a 200kt VNE (same airframe) but cruises around 145kts so maybe that’s what they modeled? And the plane itself has the interior of a second gen SR22 with the avionics from a late Gen3 so I can’t even explain how they modeled the interior - they obviously didn’t do it from any real photographs.

Those details aside, the avionics are such a mess I gave up even trying to fly it anymore. Trying to load a flight plan and an approach is impossible and the Autopilot routinely tries to auger the plane into the ground for no reason. I’m going to create a long detailed list of all the things they need to work on and post separately because it’s too much for a response.

5 Likes

Alas yes, same bug as on the G58 Baron. The mixture lever’s only function seems to shut down the engine when fully lean. Apart from that, it does nothing : I checked sim variables with the SDK, the Exhaust Gas Temperature and Cylinder Head Temperature don’t move at all when the mixture is changed, this is nonsense.

2 Likes

Mixture never works at it should on any aircraft, and it seems to me that this problem is inherited from FSX. Set it to “auto” in the realism settings.

1 Like

“Never auto” is my motto. No, I’d rather set my mixture manually, and it works pretty fine with the following little trick.

Apart from the fully broken planes (SR22, G58), the main problem about MSFS’ mixture lever, inherited it seems from older FS versions, is that 100% rich is way way richer than 100% on a real plane, to the point that the engine is choking on fuel and losing power.

My experience is that at sea level in ISA conditions, 90 to 91% MSFS mixture is the best setting for max power, so I’ve calibrated my mixture lever controller so that it sends only values up to 91% when pushed fully forward.

Now my lever works as it should - below 3000 ft, I know I have max performance with the mixture lever fully forward and I lose no time checking where the lever is for go-arounds.

5 Likes

I’ll try that. :+1:t2:

Very good observations. I sprung for the Premium Deluxe package just to get the SR22, as it was/is one of my favorite singles in FSX, modeled by Eaglesoft.

As of this date I think I’ve “flown” it once in the past six weeks. I believe your conclusion about the Flight Sim model being a hodge-podge of different real life models is spot on. The climb performance - while better than a C172 - is marginal. The Eaglesoft model in FSX was a sweetheart. I hope those developers produce a new one for this software.

2 Likes

Does the SR22 really cruises at 152 KTAS? seems off from the several POH i tried to compare it to.

The power percentage / rpm is a bit off too, fuel flow (gph) is a bit on point though.

and, yes, the mixture lever, virtually does nothing but a fuel cut-off lever.

tried to raise zendesk bug report for the above mentioned, as well as the pitch trim indication on the side-yoke, the latter keeps getting tagged as solved, maybe it’s already fixed in Update 5?

My understanding about “Solved” is that the bug has been acknowledged. It does not, however, mean “Fixed.”

That seems like an excellent question for the 27 October Q&A:

Please explain what the term “Solved” means on a Zendesk ticket.

please pull the trigger! :smile:

Just did… needs to be approved by the moderators… :grinning:

It’s literally stated in the Zendesk FAQ:

" Ticket Statuses Explained (Bug Reports)

• Open: The report is in the queue. A bug report will remain open until it’s updated or marked as solved.
  • Awaiting your reply: Our team contacted you to request more information and is waiting for your reply.
  • Solved: The bug report has been handled—our team has recorded the bug in our internal bug and issue tracker. Please note this does not mean you will see the bug fixed in the next update , but has been recorded and prioritized accordingly."

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.52.49 PM

This aircraft is all sorts of terrible in the sim.

Speeds (Vne) looks like it’s for an SR20
Baro is not adjustable
Anti-ice doesn’t work
The panel textures (white) and back of the prop white texture is awful

2 Likes

I’ve submitted a question for next week’s Developer Q&A about whether Asobo and Microsoft will consider opening the premium deluxe planes for modding. Please upvote the question to show support for modding the SR22 and similar planes.

2 Likes

Are you able to increase the effective range of planes like the SR22 so that you can traverse the Greenland/Iceland route in a circumnavigation?