Citation CJ4 AP alt button stuck in "on" position

If work could see how many hours I spend on this site during the day, they would think this is my job :slight_smile:

1 Like

OOF

What I mean was if I was playing something like GTAV, especially since it uses a controller, and I was used to driving cars and got into a plane or a helicopter for the first time, I would try the same things to make it go as I learned from a car. And in that case, it would work because the designers made all vehicles operate the same way. Probably because itā€™s easier for them to code it that way and because they know a lot of people will use a controller and there are limited control options. While playing a game like that I would ā€œassumeā€ things because I know itā€™s not a serious attempt at deep systems simulation.

But in a flight simulator (and I have a long history of using flight simulators) virtually all aircraft have some degree of systems simulation and to a greater or lesser degree try to mimic the real world aircraft that they are based on. Payware aircraft especially make it a selling point that they have good systems simulation. Logically then, I would not assume all planes work the same way just as I would not assume that in the real world.

While the post you cited seems to indicate that most people classify MSFS as a game, to me it certainly doesnā€™t feel the same as GTAV in that I would assume all the planes are identical but thatā€™s my question. I automatically and unconciously make the assumption that I have to learn each plane individually. And Iā€™m honestly curious what unconscious assumptions others are making that do the opposite. Thatā€™s what I mean by ā€œmindsetā€. What is the state of your mind when playing?

Thanks for clarifying. I donā€™t think it doesnā€™t classify as a game just because it doesnā€™t feel the same as another specific title.

My state of mind is exactly the same as yours, I assume that I will have to learn each aircraft which each have their own unique systems. Which is why I came to the forums with a question pertaining to the systems of the specific aircraft I am learning to fly. I did not assume that the CJ4 systems work exactly like any other aircraft.