Citation Longitude oscillating after 1.12.13.0 Update

Hi KevinJG124, appears to be a systemic issue introduced in the last update that definitely needs attention, for the moment I’m disabling NAV and using HDG mode which keeps things stable, hopefully this will get addressed quickly.

1 Like

I was so happy they did update and fix the fuel consumption and capacity, to fly this nice plane in OnAir. But for now, i am really ■■■■■■ off again. Oscilating like a drunken pilot from left to right only in NAV mode. Slowly, but very annoying.

Also i got new CTDs without error message…but thats another story.

My best description to this is like the jet is walking a tight rope and is constantly over correcting. HDG mode is the temporary solution but the tedious one.

Here’s a mod that fixes this problem.

3 Likes

Same with CJ4

1 Like

Not really looking for an aftermarket mod to fix it. I want it fixed by the developers.

2 Likes

Mod works perfectly fine so far, and i am very curious about why Asobo can not fix such small issues in time, when modders can fix it an hour after patching. I also don’t understand how this patches can go live, if i can recreate this issue after the first flight…

Although, i changed the fuel capacity in every wing to 1080gal from 1084gal and i removed 3 station slots for myself (passenger) to match with OnAir.

2 Likes

I highly recommend this mod. The author really goes the extra mile and is improving everything he can that he has access to. There are some pieces of code he doesn’t have access to, but for the most part its a major improvement. There is also a mod called Working Title G3000. It improves the look of the avionics to the real thing, however it does have issues when loading approaches.

2 Likes

I’m so annoyed this is back again, it was working flawlessly until the latest update! It only happens for me in nav mode at high altitude but it really needs fixed!

This is so strange, today its holding track perfectly in nav mode all the way up to 45000ft!

EDIT : 72kt crosswind now and its holding track perfectly!

Well that was short lived, its doing it again today…sigh!

That’s weird. Since using longitude mod 1.42v it’s been working perfectly. There is a new version out too. 1.50v. It improves lots of items.

I’ve got this, FL440 with a 35KT wind coming from about 220 Deg, about 50 minutes into the flight.

It didn’t do this initially at cruise altitude so not sure what’s inducing it.

1 Like

It’s not limited to the Longitude. The 787 and 747 also do it just as much.

It’s so wild I quit flying long haul.!! Please consider hot fix

1 Like

Do the 74/78 both do it in heading hold mode?

1 Like

Not sure. Only used LNAV. I’ll check and edit this in the next hour or so. As a RW pilot, VNAV is dicey on all msfs2020 jets

EDIT:

OK- Checked both 748 and 7810 and they don’t wobble left and right when heading hold is on. It’s seems to be a Navigation glitch.

1 Like

Citation Longitude just crashed the sim after trying to activate an approach in the fms. Sad because it was working in the past and now it doesn’t work after an improvement update? What a joke.

1 Like

Same issue here …

I found this out on a flight yesterday. I engaged Nav mode (nav source: FMS) at FL230 and the A/P fell into a constantly-hunting, slightly diverging feedback loop that culminated in 30 degree banking movements about 2 minutes in. The problem was corrected by selecting an appropriate equivalent heading and using Hdg mode.

However, the Hdg mode is a quick-and-dirty workaround, and I would very much like to see the flight dynamics fixed once and for all. In most real-life autopilots there is a setting for follow-up sensitivity. If it’s set too high, then the airplane will track well but overcorrect, resulting in an uncomfortable, bumpy ride. If the setting is too low, then the airplane will hunt and oscillate, very much like what the Longitude is doing right now.

Thus, if the sim’s autopilot is coded in a similar manner wherein a modifiable variable controls the A/P follow-up speed, then I would assume this isn’t terribly difficult to solve, but as a non programmer, I can’t know for sure. Notwithstanding, given the now-chronic pattern of simple stuff like this breaking, getting fixed, breaking, getting fixed, and breaking again, I have to question the programming methodology behind the FDE and A/P system in the sim.

1 Like

I also have a left/right bank oscillation… while on AP. Though it’s not every flight but definitely interesting. :man_shrugging: So much work to do and so little time!

Seems to occur in real weather settings…

1 Like