Citation Longitude Turns 180 Degrees On ILS Approach Ver 1.12.13.0

I just started learning to fly the Longitude and have come across a new problem for me. On ILS approach, just as GS is about to capture, the airplane makes an approximately 200 degree turn, picks up the Localizer again and flies exactly 180 degrees away from the runway. The needle is centred, and the arrow showing the correct bearing for the localizer, (pointing down now), correctly indicating that the airplane is flying away. I am new to the Longitude, but have over 100 hours on the TBM. So I am used to programming my approach procedures. This has happened on 2 of my 3 flights in the Longitude. Never in the TBM.

I did a circuit at my home airport CYYC. ILS Approach RWY 17L. No issues. For my first full flight, I flew CYYC to CYVR, ILS Approach 26L. 110.7 on VOR 1, 263 degrees. As soon as the vertical bug approached middle where it would normally capture, the airplane did the 180. There’s no leg indicated on the Garmin’s screen as if it’s flying to a waypoint. It just flies 180 degrees away from runway heading.

I choose my approach in the sim’s flight planning screen. I then open a pdf of the approach chart from FltPlan.com. That is where I get my localizer frequency, bearing and missed approach info. I start cold and dark. I put the localizer frequency in VOR 1, load the flight plan in the Garmin, confirm destination, go to procedures, open the approach and confirm approach, runway and transition, which is usually wrong, and then load the procedure. I fly the NAV FMS. When I get my initial clearance for my desired runway, is when I usually switch from NAV to Approach mode. Once lined up with the localizer, the Garmin usually switches from FMS to VOR 1 by itself. All I have to do is control my speed and altitude until GS captures. That’s my method for the Pros here.

I flew back home that evening from CYVR to CYYC and landed ILS. No issues.

Today I flew CYYC to CYTH ILS 6 approach 110.3 058 degrees. It did the 180.

Any ideas?

Set the approach from the computer not manually thrn hit app when on the glideslope

Can you clear up what you mean by, “from the computer”? Do you mean from the sim’s flight planning screen and then don’t correct it in the Garmin? Thanks!

Yeah so usually what I do in the longitude and I flew tonight but found a big bug with the plane cycling above a star lol. So rather than frequency and course I usually just go into approaches and select my approach and does everything automatically for me.

1 Like

Alrighty then. Thanks. I’ll give it a try. My approach for tomorrow is an RNAV. But I’ll try it next ILS. Looking forward to February when they go after all of the Garmin bugs. The Longitude is a nice airplane. Too bad they didn’t finish the inside like the TBM so you can go sit in the back and look out the window. Maybe some day. Thanks Ray.

1 Like

I’m not sure if its the same as xplane but some airports (London City) have runways that share an ILS frequency, sending you the wrong way unless you change a setting. Could be the same in msfs?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.