CJ4 Ronne Challenge- The Garmin Screens are Blank

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No Dev Mode

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No Addons

Brief description of the issue:

After SU9 and now continuing with SU10, when running this challenge the Garmin Screens are blank. However, if I lanch the CJ4 in any other scenario, the screens appear normal without any problem.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Every time I launch the Ronne CJ4 Challenge

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

New, fast computer

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Current

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and add-ons?
Yes

No

When starting the Rønne landing challenge, the CJ4 spawns with most of its displays powered off.
I already reported this issue while SU10 Beta was ongoing, since the bug wasn’t logged I report it again.

Start the Rønne landing challenge.

N/A

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

1 Like

Even after SU11, the same problem continues to persist for me.

Mario

Are you sure the Avionics Switch is in the up position?

1 Like

Hi dga711,

Thanks for the tip. I ran the Ronne Challenge, and as usual, it started with the screens blank, so I recycled the Avionics Rocker Switch on my Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, and immediately the screens came alive. (Even though, the rocker was already on the “ON” position, it just needed that one recycle.) Why this started after SU10, I have no idea, but at least, I have a workaround now. Thanks again for the tip.
Mario

Same issue, and there is not enough time to cycle the switch since the plane spawns way too close to the AF

Hi aw7143,

Have you tried starting the challenge & have your finger on the switch to turn on the avionics, it should only take 1 second and the screens come on immediately, at least for me, they do. It’s the only way that I can run this challenge.

Mario

I don’t have a spare button for that, but I suppose I could do an alt-keystroke on the keyboard.

1 Like

I’m going to be that guy. The CJ4 has a Rockwell Collins FMS not a Garmin.

1 Like

ANCRM114,

You’re right! Thanks for the correction.

Mario

Mod Edit: Merged from aduplicate bug report thread

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Upon loading the Rønne/EKRN landing challenge, several of the CJ4 displays are black and require cycling the avionics master to function.

1. Load Rønne/EKRN landing challenge
  2. Observe black/blank displays
  3. Cycle avionics master and displays appear

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

This has been ongoing since the PerformancePlus beta for me, but seems to come in waves as others have reported it. Current build it occurs in is 1.30.12.0

I confirm I have this issue as well.

It doesn’t seem to apply to all CJ4 landing challenges. E.g. Queenstown NZQN strong winds landing challenge in the CJ4 doesn’t have this issue for me.

1 Like

At least, we have a work around for this problem on this specific Challenge. Simply recycle the Master Avionics switch on starting of the Challenge, and you should be good to go with the screens working.

Mario

Just confirming this is still an an issue.

Yes

No addons! Only AAU1 installed, other Landing Challenges with CJ4 are working fine

1 Like

This happens to me too. I can land the aircraft, but it is more difficult with black screens…