CJ4 vnav

Is the vnav fixe?? Cant seem to get a TOD marker and vnav does not respond. Has this been fixed??
What am I doing wrong?

Are you using the Working Title Mod for the CJ4? If not, when you download it here is a video I made about a month ago on VNAV in the CJ4.How To Use VNAV

VNAV was never broken in the CJ4. I assume you mean the WT version since the generic CJ4 has no VNAV.

1 Like

I am using the default CJ4. What is the “Working title Mod”? Using the default, the autopilot does have the vnav button which appears on the pdf when selected.

By “generic” do you mean the default model.?

Search this forum for it and get it. Soo much better than the stock cj4. Join their Discord too. Your welcome.

Release cj4-v0.12.5 · Working-Title-MSFS-Mods/fspackages · GitHub Download that and put the unzipped folder in your community folder. It will bring the CJ4 to life. It’s the most true to life aircraft in FS2020 so far when it comes to realism and use of the FMS. I have videos on programming the FMS on my channel. IRL, one of the jets I fly has the same ProLine 21 Avionics as the CJ4.

1 Like

Keep in mind that VNAV doesn‘t mean that you can press it before takeoff and it will do all the work for you like in a 737. The Cessna has a much less sophisticated flight guidance system and vnav is only there to plan and execute the descent, with quality limitations compared to a Boeing or Airbus (while their real vnav isn‘t perfect either ^^)

I have watched your video several times so I am familiar with it. Thanks for the info on the Mod. i will install and check it out and let you know. Thanks a million!!!(:grinning:
West

Download successful. Re the flight plan…no more lazy man where all waypoints are automatic. I see I have some work ahead. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and get navigraph or some similar flight planning program. The mod sounds great though and I will look forward to flying the mod. Thanks for your help. After I get a flight plan configured and fly it , I will give you an update. Again, Thanks.(:grinning:
BW

You will enjoy the CJ4 with the mod over the default airplane. It’s a difference of night and day. If you get questions you can ask them on YouTube in the comments. I’m also on Discord.

If you have a Navigraph subscription, the Jepp charts can be downloaded and displayed in the CJ4. And there is more! There is “moving map” (actually moving aircraft) that displays your aircraft on top of the current chart. There is some setup to link Navigraph and the correct chart has to be selected. It doesn’t automatically displays the chart for your current location.

Navigraph is not really a flight planning program. It can be used to build routes, but there are others which are much better. I would use SimBrief for flight planning. It creates a real flight plan with everything you need based on real weather.
Navigraph however is a great tool too and I can recommend to use SimBrief and Navigraph together.

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. It is in my ttd plan to get both navigraph and simbrief.
BW

Thanks for the suggestions. It is in my ttd plan to get both navigraph and simbrief.
BW