Clean Install MSFS Tomorrow?

I mean, you are not wrong hahaha

I had for example an issue with the 747 flight model, I could not maintain it stable over 360FL, as soon as I did a clean install it worked just fine.
It depends on your internet speed though, if it is slow it might not be worth it if everything seems fine.

On the pro/con on a clean install, when 2020 was released last summer there were a number of problems that people noticed were fixed with full downloads compared to just updates.

Personally, Iā€™m going for the update and will re-evaluate after. Itā€™s running very well right now so an update makes the most sense for me.

I would suggest starting with the update and seeing what the community finds. If folks report fixes with full downloads that you donā€™t get with just updates, then do the full download.

If the update system works as it should, there should be no difference between updating and full downloads. With no official word on if thatā€™s the reality - or not - we will just have to find out in about 10 minutesā€¦

Never cleaned up anything, removed anything before any update. Iā€™ll do this the same, just update and fly. Never had an issue since day one doing it this way. The worst thing was WT was not updated on one of the updates and had to remove until they got it fixed.

You could do a clean install, nothing wrong with that, but consider that the update is 40+GB. I think youā€™re gonna get a fair amount of code and components replaced even with an update?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.