Clear Weather Preset is not 100% clear

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Clear weather preset are not 100% clear, some thing layer “cirrus” on the sky remain.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Around 12:30 PM eastern

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Live weather was activated before flight loaded to KLAX, flight loaded at runway, then turn off live weather, clear preset selected as default, thin clouds layer remain in the sky, change preset to others and back to clear weather, still thin cloud layer on higher altitude.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’m seeing the same thing. In my case though I didn’t use live weather first, pretty sure I just went straight to “Clear Skies” preset before launching the flight, and saw the high level cirrus clouds. I’m actually ok with it though…I’m from Ohio originally and “Clear skies” means anything that isn’t 100% overcast…

Scott

3 Likes

Well then it’s preset issue, but clear should be full no clouds I think.

2 Likes

Even when the sky is clear, there are floating particles, oxygen, nitrogen, CO2 in the air". Otherwise we wouldn’t live in a vacuum, but we would die.

^^ :stuck_out_tongue:

Having the same thing, it use to be really clear skies now we get clouds, hope it gets looked at and fixed before SU10 releases to the public

1 Like

Yes, the way I think about it, it’s definitely a change that came with the beta.

The question is whether this is intentional or not. If it’s not, it may give them a clue as to why something else is not functioning properly. That’s why I report things like this during the beta.

It has been flagged as feedback-logged so developers should look at it and if really a bug then flag it as bug-logged and it should be fixed for final SU10 release. I agree with ExpressTomato52, clear weather means no clouds at all.

2 Likes

So the clear sky weather preset which is a defaukt preset no longer gives us a clear sky like it use to do. You now get high up clouds. Hope the presets get a look at and fixed before SU10 release version

1 Like

There is already a thread for this: Clear Weather Preset is not 100% clear

Oops thanks

1 Like

I tried to duplicate the world record for line of sight. I had weather set to clear and removed the clouds that were still remaining.

Saying the sim was even able to replicate a quarter would be generous. As others have pointed out, I don’t remember it ever being this hazy.

same here, top layer is still used in clear

1 Like

same for me too

The bug was logged from MSFS already before, they are aware.

Still an issue after SU10? I get high clouds when choosing clear skies.

1 Like

I have installed SU11 Beta and I confirm this issue is fixed in that version.