Climb up to 14,000 feet right in front of the runway?

Climb up to 14,000 feet right in front of the runway?

Is there any hope that it will be fixed in 10 more years?

I checked the STARs for KIXD, most start at FL190, and there’s notations everywhere on them that read “Turbojets landing south, expect 12000.”

Given where your plane is on the VFR map - you’re not anywhere near the IAF, I would say you’ve been assigned to a STAR and the sim ATC is routing and stacking you altitude wise accordingly.

1 Like

All - Have talked to real pilot about ATC, he turned his off at game install year ago, does not have these kids of problems. YES, that precludes I think real world traffic notifications, but you won’t get those annoying ATC issues. Flying into Nashville, TN, 10 miles out, 747, climb and maintain 18,000 feet, you are assigned xx runway. Now how in the XXXX am I going to get down to elevation about 500 feet and land being directed to FL18. ATC is so hosed up, it’s unbelievable. Going to turn it off, (will lose some realism) but have more hair on head as it will grow back in.

He also recommended a little free program called “PMS50-GTM-750 Navigation” I installed it and trying to learn it now. Once you create FP in it, transfers direct to AP, no world map needed. I have not checked but assume you can do it on ground, and have FP in plane and initialize once stable. Testing in F-14 today. Using it will mess up my Cold and Dark 747 Checklist I have created, so going to test, and maybe offer the world map version and the GTM-750 version in the narrative. THe FMC inputs would still have to be input and or checked prior to TO.

Everything I fly is GA, so every flight is VFR - regardless of the weather. I learned to do this on day one last year when ATC tried to tell me to climb and maintain FL190 in a C172. I tried one more time a bit later. Flying into KMYR, ATC told me to expect vectors to ILS 36. It then proceeded to send me out over the Atlantic, then forgot I existed. I was nearly 50 miles out to sea before I decided to cancel IFR and headed back on my own. I won’t bother with anything more than Flight Following until they get the rest of it fixed.

1 Like

Well… you agreed to it:

(Kidding :grin:)

Jim-Sim