Cloud downwash

Hello pilots,

when flying not too far above the cloud layer there is an awesome looking feature visible called “cloud downwash”.

340px-Learjet_45_of_the_Irish_Air_Corps_in_flight

Cessna_downwash

This cloud downwash graphics effect could be implemented with the same graphics engine that is making the V-like shape a float plane is cutting into water.

I think the Flight Sim 20 should have this fantastic graphics effects, if possible to implement :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe you could post this in the Q&A section?
Great idea. Not so sure about the reuse of ‘water engine’. I see your point but guess that too much is different between water and cloud convection. But I could be wrong, of course.

After some checking, there is no existing request, so it’s been moved to #self-service:wishlist.

However, you may also be interested in this SDK Thread:

Effects editor can’t affect particle clouds/fog anyhow, so not an option.
Aircraft does not create any kind of turbulence either, not even possible to simulate it with SimConnect (wind variables are locked).
But I remember engine downwash was mentioned by developers as planned feature, which, technically, may cause described effect.

1 Like

Agree, should be a part of that wake turbulence physics upgrade that should extend the first adoption of this kind of effects within the Reno DLC

Something like this would be cool:

Is this currently the biggest airplane? It´s larger than a 747.

It was. Now it is the stratolaunch, which is basically two 747’s slaped together:

But it depends on how you define biggest plane. If you go after length, the An225 still is the longest.