Clouds have been fixed! Thank you Asobo!

The clouds look awful, compared with the release version
Pixelated, grainy and a lot of color banding
Not only the clouds, but the LOD, trees, buildings…

2 Likes

how this is not fixed yet i been on alpha since last year January and during alpha, beta and the first month on the released game clouds was ok , why they cant fix i dont get it

So the clouds still an issue. Mine still grainy after the recent update/patch. I don’t want to throw anymore money to 3rd party apps. They are expensive when converted to my country currencies.

I hope ASOBO fix the cloud like it was before the recent update/patch.

Try following these steps:

ok. thank you. will do this once I’ve landed.

That’s right, I also found out!

yeap, this fixed it! better then before! thank you :sweat_smile: :grinning:

Well the guy literally mentioned he is on 2160p which I assuming 4k.The clouds are very hard to run on 1440p wide and 4k.The clouds literally cripple my rtx2060super when going through them on 1440p ultrawide on the high setting. Volumetric clouds is one of the most demanding settings in this sim. If you are on 1080p you probably won’t notice a performance hit.

1 Like

I think it depends on the type of cloud you’re flying though. Thick dense clouds seems to run just fine on High volumetric. But those soft clouds almost foggy type clouds that you find in high altitudes like the one shown in the photo above, those are the real FPS killers. I don’t know why. It’s not just in the sim, but pretty much in any other games that renders fog. I had this issue since FSX days.

Yup, it’s a sim that’s designed to grow into future hardware. …and it’s currently poorly optimised. FSX was the same when it was released, as were most releases prior to that.

Let’s not sacrifice quality potential for current specs! This sim in a few years will blow you away! :sunglasses: :+1:

This is simply another post making excuses for problems that should have been fixed by now … 6 months.

IMO, if this game is designed for ‘future hardware’, then they have the ability to make it right on current hardware. How can you create something that is to run on something that don’t exist yet?

There are guys on here that have hardware that rivals what the developers use, and they still have issues with it.

Stop making excuses for a company that values you only for your money.

Every company only values you for your money. That’s what they’re there for after all…

I do agree however, there is a lot of work to be done to optimise this sim further. Other sims are now producing similar quality without the performance hit. I do believe it was launched prematurely but that decision may have been out of the developer’s hands.

Time will tell…

If a company is doing to satisfy you without giving value for your money, it’s called a charity not a company.

The game runs well on current hardware at low-medium settings. What’s wrong with that? I’m on i9-9900K with 2080 Ti, and I get constant 60 FPS at 2160p with Lowest settings. And my hardware is already 2 years old. So it’s clear that it works on current gen hardware on lowest settings. The Ultra is designed for future hardware.

Think about Crysis when it was out. FSX when it was out. Every one of those games can only run on low settings with then-current gen hardware. This is nothing new.

1 Like

Ultra works fine at 1080p. I know people don’t want to hear it after throwing thousand of dollars at their hardware, but current tech is not advanced enough yet to render High End graphics at 4K without a hitch. Volumetric clouds are one of the most perfomance-demanding things that you can throw at hardware. The only thing worse is fluid simulation.

The current weather system is leaps and bounds ahead of everything we had before, but apparently the best and incredible advancements are still not enough.

Before we had 2D photos floating in the sky, now we have volumetric clouds that change their shape dynamically, have proper lighting and light scattering and that can even have cast shadows on them from other clouds above. Still not enough, apparently …

The underappreciation of the tech in play here is staggering as always.

2 Likes

Agreed! As I said earlier, you can instatnly pick apart the long time simmers from the gamers here.

The next sim update in a few days time promises to fix the grainy clouds further. A few folks need to learn a lesson in patience- this sim is in on going development and we’re all part of it :slight_smile: