Clouds have improved for me with SU9 hotfix1

I’m not exactly sure what has changed – I know that where I fly it is approaching summer which might explain part of the color improvement I’ve seen recently… I also had a GPU driver update… but still it seems to me that SU9 hotfix1 has brought me both better cloud colors and improved weather rendering. Before I was seeing large ugly masses of yellowish clouds but now Im seeing a variety and anywhere from ‘OK’ to ‘really nice’ representation of reality.
Here are pics from todays flight where colors are good and I can see what they are going for and I think its great (still room for improvement - some shadows too dark - some textures too blurry imo)
but its nice:

and here are a few from yesterday:

5 Likes

Wow. Those look great

2 Likes

Yeah, they do… unfortunately today my luck was not as good. I went in search of overcast and found what should have been good but upon entering the sim, there was no ocast, just some light scattered cumulus. I had found overcast the other day but I had flown into it so I thought maybe I could try flying into the overcast area but that didnt work either. Its a work in progress for sure.

I had no business flying today but the short flight was just beautiful. In FSX it was always easy no matter what the weather but the new sim can make you regret getting up in the air. It was partly cloudy where I took off but the approach: