[BUG LOGGED] Color artifacts and rough gradient, clouds like oil painting

at the moment the game is a broken pill of rubbish at the moment and is broken beond words can say

1 Like

I’m ■■■■■■ off as well… but I’m still willing to give the sim a chance. To be honest, I wouldn’t mind some minor graphics degradations if Jorg’s words were true about the weather system overhaul - because right now I feel that’s what’s missing… hard IFR conditions, humidity, functioning wind gusts, windshear, downdrafts etc.

I think so too. I would even go a step further and say that the missing or faulty lighting may also have to do something with it.

4 Likes

Yeah the color grade they injected in is I think the main culprit, However even with the color gradng turned off in the UserCfg there is the horrible color banding on clouds and really everything. Its like they now have a hidden color grade that cannot be turned off.

1 Like

Found a helpful comparison video. Cloud detail/color is a big difference.

1 Like

Great news. The upcoming hotfix and Sim Update 6 will be addressing many of these graphical issues, including cloud fixes. Im a big fan of the cloud brightness slider idea.

1 Like

Same even after today’s hot fix

1 Like

Yeah I think the clouds look worse than ever after the latest hotfix. They look like dirty sheeps wool…

2 Likes

It’s not like they look that much worse than they did BEFORE SU5, but…

I think these are a downgrade from SU5

1 Like

Mine look horrific. Also lighting is all wrong. This is on ultra clouds.

Flying through thick cloud and the wing is lit by the sun above.

Looks like dirty snow.

7 Likes

Looks like they disabled everything they did to the clouds in SU5. I don’t know if they changed anything from before, 'cause this effect WAS [and now with Hotfix 2, again is] present in the old clouds. I just, don’t even remember it being THIS bad.

2 Likes

Is it normal when u get close the clouds become like that??i really dont remeber that… :thinking:

3 Likes

Even after the hotfix, clouds still look like oil paintings. Additionally the green/pink tint is unbearable. I can’t believe what the did to this game after the Xbox release. That’s not they game I once bought.

5 Likes

I can confirm there’s still color banding after the two patches.
There should be a switch for PC monitor/TV since I think the banding has to do with compatibility with TV screens.

5 Likes

Came here to see if there was already a fix for that, and nope.
Can confirm same thing after hotfix… terrible colorbanding and hey loot a little bit less organic and more blobs ,…

2 Likes

Flying around Hoy in the Orkneys this evening and for the first time since buying the flight sim in March, I abandoned a flight midway through. I just couldn’t watch the green/pink tint on the clouds anymore. (See this youtube of the flight, especially from 5:40).

Clouds used be the thing I loved about the sim, especially as you flew through them at 1500 feet catching glimpses of the land below. Now that beautiful graphic has turned so so ugly. I’m trying to be optimistic about WU6, but it’s hard. Bought a high end PC for the sim, and SU5 pushed me to make my first other game purchases.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, this issue has been fixed in the 1.18.15.0 Hotfix - TahoeTuesday KiNGKiRiASU RetroHornet1526 Do you still experience this issue?

1 Like

@OlieTsubasa443 Yes

This is how they looked like before SU5:

5 Likes

Yes, although I think it has something to do with HDR optimizations. The whole sim now looks different… things are illuminated by Sun even in overcast conditions, sky is overxposed when looking at instruments and the clouds, sky and water have coloured edges. It didn’t look like that prior to SU5.

2 Likes

This video demonstrates nearly all visual “issues” this sim currently has… along with the colour banding I’ve wrote about.

4 Likes