Clouds moving when moving my head

Hello

For some reason the clouds move when moving my head

To reproduce the issue sit on any rwy and set preset wxr to broken clouds and move your head

Although am not sure its a bug or its bec i missed around with postprocessing section in the usercfg file

Can someone confirm if its a bug or not please and share the default values of the usercfg file since i lost it

Thanks

1 Like

Do only the clouds move or do you see the peripherals move too?

Just the clouds

Never seen that kind of a bug before. Have you tried to turn your computer off and back on again?

Yes , is there a way to restore usercfg file to default?! I think that is the problem

Or else can u share the default postprosccess value under vr settings pls

IIRC if you delete the file (to be safe, rename it to a backup filename!), it will be restored to the defaults on next launch.

1 Like

It may be the edge effect that has become a lot worse since SU5. By edge effect I mean there is a smearing of edges and reflections when moving your head around. Like a ghosting of the image. It’s a new problem that probably won’t get fixed for a while like everything else in the Sim.

I found that trees are moving around in VR with head movement at close distance. All new “features” with SU5 :wink:

I know what u mean and u can fix it , look for motion blur under vr settings in the usercfg file most probably its set to 1 (mine was) set that to 0 and u wont see it

But that is not what i meant

1 Like

Ill try that when am home thanks

They really need to focus on VR !!! Which i think wont happen soon in this chaos

Ahhh sweet will try that. Thanks.

No I agree. It’s bottom of the list for them now probably, but they will have a team working it.

I restored Cfg file to default and the problem is still there, its so weird , it happens only in certain scenes most probably in few clouds its obvious with certain lighting and time of day
But its annoying that its only me having it and nobody else hv seen it

That’s what I’m seeing, only seems to happen when I’m about level with the clouds and I move my head up and down. Very weird effect I hope they sort it.

1 Like

Yeah me too matey. Not holding my breath hahah

Weird thing for me now is when I lean left or right to look out of the windows in flight the whole plane body moves away, so I can never get close enough to look out properly…anyone else having this issue lately?

Same here! It is even worse if i tilt my head from left to right. Most noticable in the late evening just before it gets completely dark while flying above a closed layer of clouds. If i look to the horizon and move my head the clouds bleed flickering into the sky. Motion Blur is set to 0 btw.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.