Co-Pilot for A320NX

Is it now possible to have the Co-Pilot back in the A320NX (I’m using the Dev Mod).

It’s not integrated in our mod (if this is what you mean). You have to do it by hand.

1 Like

Yes, sorry I worded it wrong. I meant can I import it in as before, every time I do, the cockpit goes clear for some reason. Thank you

The Co Pilot mod from flightsim.to isn’t working with the developement and stable versions anymore. I think the author won’t update it anymore. You have to do it by hand. But you need a bit (tiny bit) of programming experience to do so.

1 Like

OK thank you, I will leave it then.

There was an attempt made by the author @mixMugz to be integrated into the mod, and configurable using either the MCDU options or EFB. But after a few testing, which I think looks promising, they found some issues with it and ends up removing the models again completely.

There was a poll in Discord page asking everyone if having the pilot models and co-pilot models are an important feature to have. In which the results were a landslide towards “No”. So the development in the A32NX to fully integrate the pilot models were removed and no more effort will be made.

Even I had to change the cockpit model files everytime I update the NX mod. It’s a hassle, but since I do it often, I have developed muscle memory for doing them.

You should go to their discord page and look for that poll, and vote yes. Who knows, maybe more people would want the feature in the future and they will end up getting developed eventually. But in the mean time, that’s the only thing we can do. Manually updating the files.

OK thank you for your valuable info, I did download @mixMugz auto pilot and installed the Stable version of the NX, everything worked ok, but I will be putting the Dev version back on, I will also go on to discord. Many thanks for all your help, appreciate it.

I do it too. Everytime… :joy:

1 Like

Generally speaking though, if you use the Mugz’ original mod, and Copy the latest LOD file from the NX mod and replace it there, then add the pilot model lines in the mod folder. You should be good for a few days, as long as the FBW team isn’t updating or editing the cockpit LOD file.

So it shaves off the updating effort by a lot, instead of having to do it everytime you update, you can just keep updating it and the one with the edited pilot model will always take precedence.

Only when you suddenly start flying with an empty invisible cockpit, that’s when you know they made a change to the cockpit LOD and do the same process again.

1 Like

That’s what I want to avoid. You make your flightplanning. Then load the sim (and load, load…) then you prepare fuel and payload and so on. Then you load your flight… only to see that you see nothing… and have to load again. That’s why I’m doing it on every update anyways. Better safe than sorry…

1 Like

There is DEV version also Pilot/Copilot mod for FBW A32NX DEV for Microsoft Flight Simulator | MSFS

2 Likes

Did not see that. Thanks.

Ohh, didn’t realise this… Thank youu !! And great job.
That should bring my manual edit to just 1… which is to set the A32NX as icao_generic=1 so my airtraffic works and doesn’t CTD.

Is this a common problem? You should file an issue if it is.

It’s not really an issue per se… It’s more like a personal modification myself. I don’t want to raise this an issue for them to change something just to fit for my own benefit.

Basically, I want to populate the sim with Live Traffic right? But we have an issue with them. Which is the livetraffic data contains ICAO aircraft designator, but without a matching aircraft designator as a model in the sim by default, the sim will always use a Generic model…

Now since I download free A320 liveries for me to use, I also wanted these liveries that I downloaded to be used for airtraffic. But they don’t match the generic models. So the solution is, to force the sim to exclusively use the Asobo A320 AirTraffic model as the Generic Live traffic instead.

To do that, I have to disable the icao_generic of every generic airtraffic model to 0. Then I enable the Asobo A320 to be icao_generic=1. The problem is, since A32NX mod “overrides” the default Asobo A320, since by default it doesn’t have icao_generic line in the A32NX aircraft.cfg file, There’s a discrepancy between the two files, and we end up with none of the airctraft set to be generic. This causes CTD. every single time in the world map, and I can’t even start a flight.

So to solve this, I had to make sure the A32NX aircraft.cfg to be set with icao_generic=1. So I have my generic Live Traffic to be rendered as an A320 with matching liveries, regardless of what the actual aircraft type really is.

But this is my personal modification to make it work for myself. It’s not an issue that anyone else would be experiencing. So I don’t think it’s their responsibility to make it work just for my own sake.

Ah ok. So you do that in the aircraft.cfg, I assume. Did you do that for every custom livery though (to make them AI)?

Only the aircraft.cfg for Asobo A320 and the A32NX is added the icao_generic=1 to force the sim to use this model for the AI.
The other generic airtraffic model is set to icao_generic=0 to disable them form being used as AI.

For every single livery that I have downloaded, I had to modify the entire aircraft.cfg. This is to standardise the Callsign properly, the ICAO airline code as well as the atc_parking code to group these airlines together on the appropriate airport terminals (I don’t think it works yet, but good for futureproofing, and I believe someone got it working, but that requires modifying each airport gate one by one, which I’m too lazy to do).

And yes, each of the liveries need to be set with isAirTraffic = 1 for the second [FLTSIM] group to make them an active AI traffic. And it’s also set to use the AirTraffic model (the only one default flyable and high-res aircraft available in the sim that can be used for AirTraffic without rendering the full interior cockpit).

This is the outcome on my local airport populated with my local and national airline.

Yeah, I recognized that many icao airline codes are wrong in the custom liveries. I did correct some of them, but not all. But if you disable “Asobo_Generic_Airliner_TwinEngines” in total for AI, you also disable other twins (like 777 etc.) don’t you?

That’s right… So other twins like 777, A350, even 787 will be rendered as the A320 in the sim. And practically quad-engines will be rendered as the A320 as well.

So all my Live airtraffic regardless of the aircraft type, will be rendered as an A320, but since I have the livery collection now with correct ICAO airline codes, they’re now matching and use the livery with the A320 model.

I replaced the default Asobo AirTraffic texture to use the alliance liveries (Star, OneWorld, Skyteam). That way, if I’m seeing an airtraffic with a ICAO airline code that I don’t have the livery for it, it’ll use any of the three alliance livery. (Which to me, makes kinda sense even though it’s not perfect sense).

To me, the AI traffic aircraft model isn’t as important (for now). But the livery is much more important to me. So I’m okay with just having every single traffic to be A320 for now, as long as I can see their liveries.

1 Like

Ok, understood. Just was curious, what your proceeding is. Thanks.

1 Like