Cockpit displays jumping around

When moving my head in only minor directions, or turning just slightly, there is a lot of movement on the cockpit.

It seems almost as though there is a lot of turbulence, but there is NO turbulence. Likely from minor head movements and the projection adjusting to that (but not accurately).

Has anyone else seen this with Oculus Quest 2 or other VR headsets.

Thanks
TF

Tried checking and re-callibrating your tracking? Might be a sensor doesn’t have a clear view and is reporting something strange…

I think it has to do with Asynchronous Space Warp being over dramatic. Try to turn off ASW using the Oculus Debug tool to see if that fixes the problem.

I found a setting in MSFS about camera shake in Options -> General -> Cameras. Since disabling it I feel like it’s calmed down a lot. I believe it’s supposed to simulate the feeling of bouncing around in weather, but maybe the OQ2 ASW + that goes overboard…still need to do some more testing. Also the framerate I think has an effect as well. Since getting up to 30FPS (best I can do on an i7-6700k + 1660 Super…or at least the best I’ve gotten to so far without destroying visuals to the point I don’t want to play it).

~RB

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.