Cold and dark only witrh empty community folder

Dear all,

it’s a nightmare. Since a few days I’ve the following issue.
Whenever I’ve a mod(doesn’t matter which one) inside the community folder, the plane loads directly to the runway, engine on and the copilot starts the ATC. Whatever, I’m choosing on the worldmap, plane, parkingspot, time,…
With an empty community folder everything is fine.

A complete clean new MSFS installtion didn’t helped.

1 Like

I have this problem too. On first attempt it loads from the runway, on second attempt it loads from the chosen parking position.

I don’t know wich addon causes this problem.

The PMDGs are flying <3 So are the ATR, A310, and Headwind…

But Fenix is not working… “Unable to connect” written on the EFB".
Now FBW A320, and Leonardo which EFB was gone, is going to be checked.
I use MFS Addon collector and only insert the scenery used… And it look like this is one of the problems… I uinstalled GAIST until a new update.

However you are launching the sim, with or without community addons, double, and triple check that before you press the Fly button you have a parking spot selected at your departure airport.

There is/was a bug where selecting an airport resets this to a runway start, forcing you to choose a parking spot again. If you don’t spot this change, then you get what you are experiencing, a runway start ready for take-off.

All sorts of UI bugs abound, sadly, and I look forward to the “quality of life” SU that clears up some of this technical debt that has accumulated for the last few years.

As I tested this I think a previous bug got squashed. There used to be an issue where it mattered if you chose a ramp start from the drop down list or the world map. If you used the drop down list it was fine, but if you select the start from the map it wiped out all the en-route waypoints for your flight plan, leaving you with departure/arrival only. I couldn’t get that to trigger this time, so that’s a plus!

While running another forum search I was reminded of another issue related to changing planes, and even just changing your planes livery. Doing this will switch you away from a ramp start to a runway as well, so watch out for that.

So when planning your flight, make sure you choose your plane, and livery first before setting up your flight plan.

1 Like