Community Add-Ons causing CTD's and Blank PFD and MFD screens

As the title says, the game is unplayable now after the latest update “IF” you use third party add-ons, at least for me. I have been flying ever since it came out with minor problems, until this update. Sure, there are things I’d like to improve, but I sure enjoyed the third party developments, like A32NX, the CJ4 project, the TBM930 and the Bushleague XCub. I’m sure this will get sorted out and I’ll be back to these mods soon. In the meantime, I found if I want to fly, I went to the Community Folder, renamed it to xCommunity, restarted the sim, and am able to fly with no add-ons, and no problems. The sim will put in a blank Community folder automatically. At least you’ll be able to fly normally.

Now my wish is for everyone to act constructively, and give the Dev’s time to sort out what needs to be done. Constructive criticism, without the flaming hot rants, helps everyone to enjoy this remarkable sim to the fullest extent. Just for background, I’m a Private Pilot, SEL with 300+ hrs, and 30+ hrs. in aero towed gliders. It’s not a lot, but I’m proud of it. It’s been many years since I’ve flown a real airplane, because I’ve had a triple by-pass and cannot pass a physical anymore. So this is as close as it gets for me, so I count my lucky stars I have something as realistic as this to bring back old memories and instill new ones for the many planes I haven’t flown.

I’m also an ex Air Traffic Controller with 6 yrs experience in the USMC and 5 yrs in the FAA. Needless to say, the ATC in this sim is the one sore spot I wish would get fixed sooner than later, for better realism. I understand about VATSIM, and I will try this out soon, as I’ve heard it’s great and am glad people on both sides are taking part and making this sim better. It will probably take a third party developer to make a workable, realistic ATC if possible, at least I hope someone or some company will. I will pay for it, if it’s worthwhile. Anyway, sorry for the long post, and please stay positive and upbeat, because there will always be problems and solutions to them.

1 Like

Those mods have been updated to work with the new version. They will often break on patches. Nothing new.