Community Folder - Simpler path when creating your own directory?

Hi, I’m returning healthy again after being away for about 10 months.
I just tried to find an answer on this question on here but couldn’t.

I did a fresh install and see it installed a part of the sim is in a directory called C:/XBox Games that the install software created on its own. When I got farther into the install process I was able to change the location to a directory I created called C:/FS2020. (Not for any particular reason but after seeing the Xbox Games directory being used for some of the installation and wasn’t sure if I did something incorrectly).

I haven’t installed any add on’s yet but found the empty Community Folder simply under C:/FS2020. Am I looking at the right folder because the path (if it is the right one) is so much simpler.

Thanks in advance for any and all clarity on this!

Go to
c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

In notepad open file named usercfg.opt

Please note that the last line in this file is also the path to the community folder.

2 Likes

My FS2020 is installed on my D: drive.
Ignore the Rolling Cache that I stored there.

Yes, you are looking in the right folder. The initial ‘XBOX’ directory is for the ‘Client’ files and subsequent folder (you chose as C:\FS2020) is where the ‘main’ MSFS files such as scenery, airports, airplanes, >the Community folder< etc… will go.

Wishing you good health for the future and happy flying.

1 Like

A big thank you to all of you for your assistance and best wishes.

I’m happily flying again and really enjoying all of the improvements!

Yes you are, while i also have contents buried away in my apps folder my main directory is F:/MSFS and my community is under that so F:/MSFS/Community/

1 Like