Concorde VOR knob does not change value

As of this morning as soon as I switch on the aircraft the vor knob does not change value. With aircraft switched off it works. On the contrary the nav stby values whereas when switched off they dont change value while when on they work.

What is the vor knob?

Have you tried setting the course via the FMC?

Tried re-install but same thing. I bought from marketplace. Yesterday was fine except some issues in landing. Yes tried inputting course in fmc radio section but display did not change.

I would remove all other mods you have installed and try with just the Concorde alone. I have not used the VOR knob myself. I used the FMC to do a GPS flight plan only and switch to ILS for landing. So I’m not familiar with how the VOR knob is supposed to work. I would have to read the documentation.

1 Like

Am on version 1.05 I think of the concorde. Just uninstallled fs2020 and installing again. I use that knob to set the course for ils landing. Normally I set the course prior entering the fmc data of the flight plan. At least that is what i learnt from various youtube tutorials.

Oh, that’s different. You don’t actually use the knob for the ILS course. Since the ILS system only has the runway direction, it actually doesn’t matter what you set the course to. That explains why it’s unresponsive.

The course value won’t actually show a number until the system detects the ILS signal and then should display automatically.

I think all this is explained in the documentation, but you can also try going through a few more videos specifically about flying the Concorde. Just make sure the video is showing the latest version because earlier version may not function exactly the same.

2 Likes

No, just before today I used to switch on the aircraft and first thing after switching in rad mode I was setting the course of the ils from navigraph, than set the radio nav frequency and switch to ins. Then continue with the flight plan.

As of today, the course knob was working fine before I power up the generator……after that nothing happens.

All I did before that was to install the fs2crew app for the fenix and did some fenix flights.

Uninstalled the fs2crew but still same. Now an re installing the sim

You were not setting the ILS with the dial, you were setting the VOR course. Later on, when the aircraft detected the ILS signal, it was following the signal no matter what course you set.

Sounds like it got switched out of VOR mode. Try doing things in a different order. I think you just have the aircraft stuck in ILS mode which is why you can’t change the course using the knob.

For example, some departures (like out of EGLL) have you follow a VOR course before you switch to GPS. Try doing that. Or fly VOR to VOR without a flight plan.

1 Like

Anyway to reset the settings to default ? With this aircraft seems that it keeps some previous settings switched on even though I start c/d state. I don’t use the sim atc as I use vatsim and vr

What happens if you leave the switch in RAD mode? If it’s in RAD mode I think you should be able to change the VOR course.

Try flying an ILS approach without setting a course and see what happens.

1 Like

Does not work neither in rad nor in ins mode

Hm, did you accidently click the knob?

I tried clicking the knob when it was not working

At this point I have no more suggestions. You might try asking your question in the main Concorde thread so the developers can answer.

1 Like

After re-installing fs2020 I still have the same problem :frowning:

Are you using the SU10 beta?

1 Like

Yes am using the beta but was working in beta 2 days ago. I did a flight today as is and it seemed that as soon as I arrived to the point of switching to the RAD mode it worked but the course was wrong and even if I adjusted the course it continued on the wrong course and had to cancel the flight. Tried again with new flight and again not working neither in RAD nor INS mode but on plane turning it shows the course but unmodifyable.

Noticed that on marketplace shows as version 1.5 but it downloads 1.4

It would be very interesting to test this using the current game version (not the beta) to see if the issue is beta-related. Then you can let the developer know so they can fix it easily when SU10 comes out.

If the knob works fine for you in SU9 but not in SU10-beta than this would be a clear test.

1 Like