Confident / Not Confident about next WU6 to solve MSFS issues after SU5

SU is one thing, WU is other. Don’t expect one fixing issues of the other.

NOT CONFIDENT

Why? Look at the track record of Updates since Release, it’s poor with regards to Quality Control and breaking areas that worked well before. The golden rule of updating software is that you don’t break stuff that works, you also spend time to at least try and fix the most blatant bugs before release.

A year on and Asobo/MS have not learnt a single thing, they introduced a half-■■■■■ attempt at a Beta Team and since the first one started nothing has changed with regards to the Quality of each of the update releases since - especially SU5 which went backwards, massively.

Therefore I’m not confident in WU6 fixing everything they broke (for those unaware they have stated this update will include fixes, not just World Content), they may well fix some things though so I fully expect something to change, however I’m certainly not confident we’ll get back to pre-SU5 standards anytime soon.

I’ve been involved in Beta Testing various games from all genres since the 1990s, I can - unfortunately - state that this Sim/Game has had the worst “first year” of any of those games I’ve been involved with when it comes to Patch Deployment and Progression. Yeah I know this is a 10 year plan, so there’s plenty of time left “to get it right”, but this first years efforts do not fill me with confidence.

4 Likes

MarcG888 said
"I can - unfortunately - state that this Sim/Game has had the worst “first year” of any of those games I’ve been involved with when it comes to Patch Deployment and Progression. "

CONFIDENT
MSFS is probably the most complicated game integrating the most technology in real time: Weather, avionics, aerodynamics etc…I find that MS/Asobo is doing rather well not so bad.

not the same hardware
lots of problems for PC users

1 Like

What Asobo needs to fix is the flickering of shadows in the cockpit … gosh that is so annoying

2 Likes

Not confident at all. I had to reinstall msfs, reinstall peripheral drivers, and even then it was hardly flyable until the hotfix came, and even now, Ive put the least amount of flight time on the game after this update. I might pick it back up around christmas.

EXCITED! Additional text here.

You are right !! :blush:

Not confident, probably more things will be broken.

NOT CONFIDENT at all

Asobo needs to grab up some of these 3rd party guys to run updates. especially working title, they’ve been the sim avionics gods.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

Confident, This won’t be a sim update
ALSO, keep in mind SU5 was the BIGGEST update MSFS has ever had, it’s expected to see things go south when a year old game gets a fresh coat of paint.

As I see no mention of VR fixes that on my system got broke with SU5 and before not confident.

Not Confident. I guess we have to live with the broken Antialiasing in VR until next year. Perhaps they will never fix it…

It would be absoultely possible for Asobo to fix many issues because XPlane, P3D etc. did manage it as well. But many of these issues are not related to graphics (except maybe the notorious FPS drop bug when popping out stuff).
I guess the worse graphics since SU5 are related to this unholy alliance of PC and that tennager thing called XBox. First is for simmers, second for gamers. It would be necessary to make a clear split and make it a different software for each world. Calling a software that runs on XBox without peripherals a “simulator” got to be a joke. Microsoft wants to make money and therefore needs lot of customers in the budget area. Their strategy is probably to leave the field of serious simulators to X-Plane and P3D. So no, I am absolutely not confident.

2 Likes

Not confident and not waiting anymore, flying with Xplane nowadays.

3 Likes

I want to be confident, but my confidence and trust can only be earned.

The results of WU6 could very well tell us how the next 9 years will play out.

Quite pivotal in my view.

2 Likes

Better roll it back to SU4 please

4 Likes

Before jamming the rod, its important to acquire some assistance from a family of Sasquatch/Yeti ("big"foot). The 3rd party community is akin to this - stomping on all them ants (bugs).

This community holds the gasoline and matches just incase.

1 Like