Configure XCub with G1000NXI after SU10

After upgrading to SU10, I started the bush trip in Patagonia with the XCub. To my surprise it is still using the “old” G1000. How can I configure the XCub to use the G1000 NXI provided by SU10?

Thanks, Frank.

Download it from the Market Place? I wouldn’t be 100% sure but I don’t think that the NXi is function of SU10 but was available as a free download before that.

I didn’t think the XCub used the G1000 in the first place? :thinking:

2 Likes

The XCub has the Garmin G3X as I recall, not the G1000.

You should definitely download the WT mod for it for now:

https://www.workingtitle.aero/packages/g3x/

1 Like

Working Title has been saying for a while that there’s hardly any difference between their Mod and the core G3X now. I think any updates now are Quality of Life only, and likely will cease at some point.

Moved to #self-service:aircraft-systems

Oh, did the core add the autopilot etc? Neat!

I believe on the taildragger and the tricycle XCub, the AP is enabled. I recall early in the sim flying the Argentina Bush Trip with AP help to hold course.

On the VL-3, nope. :frowning:

1 Like

Hmm; the Xcub has a separate control panel for the AP, while the VL-3 ([offtopic: and its derivative mod GotGravel Vertigo which I highly recommend!]) needs to use the on-screen controls.

Should be less of a need for the Xcub then you’re right. :slight_smile:

(I just asked the nice folks over on the WT discord and they clarified that it does include the autopilot control in stock version, but only on planes that have one actually installed. IRL the G3X unit doesn’t do autopilot itself, but communicates controls to an external autopilot unit. So that all makes sense now! :smiley: )

Yep, GG enabled the AP I think through the cfg file in his Mod.

1 Like

OK, that’s probably why. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello. I don’t know if this is the right place for this query, but… Do you know of a way to choose Track-Up and disable the annoying audible alarms on the xcub G3X?
I researched I think all the configuration options with no luck.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.