Congratulations on the Award Win (Best Sim/Strategy game at the Game Awards 2020)

Fully deserved. Haters will keep hating, but there’s no doubt that this is a massive achievement, the best flight simulator currently available out of the box (and not by small margin), and a great step toward making flight simulation less of a niche, obscure genre that only self-elected elite pretend pilots can enjoy. :sunglasses:

Also, for those who care about consoles…

8 Likes

Really well deserved Asobo - congratulations!!

We all know this is a journey to build and refine one heck of a platform, and we’re happy to be along for the flight :partying_face:

2 Likes

Time to Celebrate, with Major, Sim smashing news… 737 Max coming to MSFS!

Well deserve I have been having a blast with it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

and you can get a report for that might think your smart with the reference to stuff and your comment

Exactly. This is why Xbox is so important, as it allows people to discover flight swimming without having to shell out incredible amount of money for a PC and peripherals (although Xbox compatible peripherals are coming obviously)

2 Likes

Steady son!
You will never get off the ground with a chip that big on your shoulder.

4 Likes

MSFS 2020 deserve it … Congrats
Keep up the good work guys :+1:

1 Like

You only need bigger engines.

Haha. Good reposte!
Bigger engines it is then.

Congratulations Microsoft and Asobo Studio! Great work Ladies and Gents.

1 Like

Should have won game of the year. Can’t believe the junk kids are playing nowadays.

1 Like

The weirdest thing is that it was not included in the 30 games competing for the Players’ Voice award.

This tells me the following:

The jury was not competent enough to understand the relevance of MSFS, so they didn’t consider it between the top-30 titles of the year overall, which is simply silly.

It won best strategy/sim because strategy games are just as obscure among mainstream journalists (which are the biggest part of the jury). I can’t imagine those being able to understand the intricacies games like Crusader Kings 3, so ultimately the “I can see my home!” effect still prevailed, at least among those competent enough to copy and paste google maps coordinates into the search of the sim. :joy:

I think the award is entirely deserved, of course, but likely it was given from the wrong reasons. I’m ready to bet literally no one in the jury is competent enough with flight simulators to complete an entire flight from take off to landing even in a Cessna outside of the extremely scripted tutorials holding their hand.

1 Like

And that’s just for the installer.

Totally deserved. Congratulations Microsoft / Asobo.

1 Like

Good job guys! 100% deserve it :love_you_gesture: :+1:

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussion: December 10th, 2020 Development Update

Congratulations Microsoft and ASOBO well deserved thanks for all your hard work to date.

Congratz Asobo and Microsoft teams with the well desreved Award. Every day enjoying the magnificent immersion. Enjoying the the exploration of the world that is so big. Lets take care of the real one too.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.