Consistent slow ping time on all servers (no issue before last update)

I’m now consistently getting ping times of 249ms on all servers. I was getting around 30ms consistently on the west USA server before. This has happened since update to 1.12.13. How can I remedy this?

Is this with the sim running?

Try doing a line test without MSFS running - best after a reboot to ensure nothing else is running to affect it. If you still get the same it’s probably nothing to do with MSFS.

If not maybe something got razzled in the update - try “repairing” the sim from the Windows Apps menu. Care - “restore” will force a new download if you’re not careful, make sure you point any download at your existing installation path.

It is with the sim running. No other game is having issues. I did figure out how to “repair” and did that. Now the east usa server has a ping time of 78ms. That’s definitely better but not the 30 I was getting. Should I reinstall MSFS? Note: I did notice that after last update I went to play a second time and it did the update again. I thought this was odd. It also didn’t update the same way the second time that it usually does.

Did you try a speedtest WITHOUT the sim running - is it okay then?

Personally I wouldn’t worry about a “Ping” speed. It’s the download speed that is important and governs just about everything else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.