Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

Here’s a link that explains it step-by-step… it’s for “when all else fails.” However, it’s worked for me every time I’ve done it, and has given me weeks between repeated CTD events.

…live or AI traffic:

Generic or detailed models = more memory and CPU cycles, render time and resources?

Livery issues, especially with too many parked planes at airports in busy areas?

AI traffic control could be triggering ATC system issues?

Good troubleshooting = turn it all off for systems experiencing CTDs until problem(s) found.

Suggest turning them off one at a time a testing each time. Much easier to zero in on the culprit.

Because many others fly with AI traffic and no crashes. Many others report crashes, then report fixing it by doing something other than turning off AI traffic. Therefore it is not something that can be clearly identified as a core sim – Asobo – bug.

Why should you have to turn it off? It’s been documented that on SOME setups, turning off AI traffic seems to stop the CTDs. Therefore, the choice seems simple for you:

1. Leave AI traffic on and with your specific setup, keep getting sick from experiencing the CTDs you KNOW you will continue to get.

2. Turn AI traffic off and hope that fixes the problem.

NOTE
With each update, what used to work before may overload your system with each update. Stay with a stable, known good configuration and expect any mods, liveries, sceneries, external (linked) tools, etc., to break for a little while after an update. Most third parties will fix the issues within a week.

1 Like

All external tools like LNM, FSUIPC7, Pilot2ATC, and Navigraph link to the sim via the SimConnect interface in the SDK. This means that any external tool that has the ability to show the aircraft position or interact with it may crash until that particular SimConnect bug is fixed.

Conclusion? Don’t use those tools right now. Since Asobo is aware of the bug, and since it affects so much of the sim eco-structure, they should fix it shortly.

1 Like

I might be “on to” something. I had like 7 CTD’s in a row from EGKK to EGCC (Manchester). I flew the same flight over and over with the same flight plan on purpose so that I could do some good analysis.

I went into the bios and changed a few things; I got a major victory.

I was finally able to make the whole flight from Gatwick to Manchester and then from Manchester back to Gatwick without any CTD’s.

“What did you do,” do you ask?

I disabled Hyperthreading in the advanced bios settings. I also disabled the ASUS Multicore Enhancing in the Extreme Tweaker in the bios. Of course I disabled all over-clocking.

I’m not sure which one is responsible, whether it is the Hyperthreading or the Multicore thing, or both of them together…

Also, on the topic of performance, I saw a very little if any drop in performance.

Nothing that I did with the Paging File or the Affinity or Priority seemed to make a difference or any of the other said work-arounds.

Simmers, will you please give this a try?

Let me know!

• bob, a.k.a., “Tiger”

PS - Videos coming soon!

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

VIDEOS:

https://www.bobthecameraman.com/Other/FLIGHT-SIMULATOR/n-b33LHx/EGKK-to-EGCC-January-8-2021-NO-CTD/

It occurs to me that a couple of significant things DID change in the December update. One is obvious – VR. The other is subtle but might contribute to any vanilla CTDs. I’m talking about snow.

The snow implementation might be very heavy on texture memory because and GPU render load, something that wasn’t needed before the update. Possibility?

Thank-you for this post. Many have repeatedly pointed out that the FIRST step to solving the CTD issue is to ensure you have no files in the companion folder and disable all companion software as well as confirm ALL performance enhancing software, including BIOS tweaks are disabled and the system is running with NO overclocking.

I think this is too often overlooked and/or users are reluctant to disable overclocking or performance tweaks thinking they will suffer from degraded speeds. Your example helps prove otherwise. Often a stock, stable system will run smoother than a tweaked, overclocked one. I doubt anyone would dispute that losing a couple fps is preferable to CTD on every flight.

1 Like

I just got a crash to desktop (CTD) on my way again to Manchester from Gatwick. I have no idea what I’m talking about. sorry.

• bob, a.k.a. “Tiger”

(although I did add the modified Gatwick airport and Manchester airport in the Community folder before starting the flight)

My Simbrief alias is:

TigerBob

Would anyone be willing to download the Dev version of the FBW A320 and try to fly this flight path from Gatwick to Manchester? It would be interesting to see if you could duplicate the error, where Flight Simulator freezes about 15 minutes from Manchester.

All you have to do is put in that alias in order to upload the flight plan to the MCDU on the A320 in-game I think.

Well I have heard that sim connect might be the problem so I tried a flight without Little Navmap and no problems.

1 Like

yes, of course also more system load because of this. But focus was more : why “not all” users affected :slight_smile:

and yeah… this we recommend in different threads and of course within this:

oh yes… this is kind of overcloacking and ASUS do it in AUTO setting ! ( so far I remeber :wink: )

It “sync all cores”… normaly the CPU boost does not affect ALL your cpu cores , e.g. only core 1(2) run at 5gig depend on your cpu, but with the settings “sync-all” you let run all your cores at full boost. This kind of overcloacking run of course not fine in each case. I use it ( i8700k ) without trouble, but I made also other settings ( e.g lowered the voltage, ASUS ‘Auto’ voltage is to much for me ).

enable HT should be not an issue.

FS will NOT stress your system like OCCT. Also, my experience has shown what I said earlier. You are free to run it for 8 or 18 hours if that will make you feel safer.

I run an almost 12 yrs old i5-2500 with 8gb and a 1660s in FHD and have not seen ANY ctd since the dec22 update after I disabled all live services (atc, traffic, multiplayer) except weather. Did recently dare to switch multiplayer back on since skies were too lonely but quite immediately got a CTD upon arrival at Loww. So I’m flying alone but I am used to it from fsx so all fine.

2 Likes

Has anyone experienced the exception code 0xc000041D…MFS won’t load ever since 1.12.13.0…

What I am finding is it is always a .NET runtime that proceeds a CTD.

Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF7989EBB93

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe

I think someone else already stated the obvious, since the VR and snow update this software has been very buggy for some. I have tried all of the suggested fixes and the best I get is about 66% success (the software will crash 1 out of every 3 flights.) Day, night, weather, clear makes no difference.

Hi,

we simple need a little bit more infos… two sentences are not enought for any kind of analyse :wink:

What you already tried from already given hints ?
What your system specs… ?
more detailed windows event logs ?
etc…

Give the following a read then @MichaMMA may be able to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

I only get CTD in the UK.