Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

Hi,

we simple need a little bit more infos… two sentences are not enought for any kind of analyse :wink:

What you already tried from already given hints ?
What your system specs… ?
more detailed windows event logs ?
etc…

Give the following a read then @MichaMMA may be able to point you in the right direction.

1 Like

I only get CTD in the UK.

You mean while flying in the UK? You don’t experience CTD if flying somewhere else?
This is interesting…

1 Like

Yes, while flying in the UK. Will test more, but was OK in caribbean and Canada/USA and Norway. CTD every time I fly in the UK.

1 Like

For those using the FlyByWire A320 mod, I was getting a CTD every flight when coming into finals. I removed the addon from the Community Folder and managed to fly the TBM using the same flight plan without any issue.

I have been using the FBW update tool, but noticed over the weekend they have released a new version. I decided to install the new update tool, but before running the update, I deleted the A320NX folder so that it was created from scratch. I have just performed a flight and no CTD! Previously I was using the Development version but have switched to the Stable version for now.

Hope this might help someone, but I believe the A320NX folder had some sort of corruption in my case.

Hey did u fix this issue ? I also am getting this same error ? Let me know plz what was causing this

He said he was running little NavMap, SmartCars, FSUIPC7 at the same time. There is a known problem with any external tools or apps that causes CTDs. Search the forum for SimConnect for more details, but the short answer is: don’t connect any external tools or apps to the sim for right now. You can use the apps, but don’t connect to the sim.

As a note, if updating manually you should always delete the original folder and then create a fresh one for the new release. If you don’t do this, you’ll end up with old files lying around which can cause issues.

This applies to any mod, incidentally. Only copy over the top when specifically told it’s ok (e.g. an incremental patch to a large mod), otherwise it’s delete first every time.

1 Like

If you could squeeze in another 8GB, you’d probably find these issues will go away. Obviously, everyone’s config / mods are different, but on my system MSFS uses 7GB of RAM just to get to the menu, and 20GB when sat at the end of the runway at EGCC in the FBW A320 ready to go!

If nothing else, I’m sure you’ll find it quicker as it will be paging far less, which might also extend the life of any SSD you might have.

1 Like

only necessary is to read post number 122 :wink:

2 Likes

It might have been more helpful to share that with the OP that asked the question than to make snide comments at other people attempting to help here, thanks.

it shared it… in same thread… why we must again and again repeat us ?

Hi guys, turning off live and ai traffic fixed the CTD for me but I’m wondering if there is a fix for this. I would prefer to have traffic

as mentioned, it is since 1.12.13.0 and affected are some users only.
I’am pretty sure devs are aware of this and so possible with next update…

Hey there, there are so many possible reasons for CTD. In most cases it has to do with the combination of operating system version, graphic card software version and MSFS. In the different posts you can look up what people are doing to heal that pain. First ist a clean install of MSFS is one thing. A step back in the NVIDIA driver to the version before the update. Typically NVIDIA is delivering a new driver short after or even parallel to MSFS. As there is no way to go back to an older version of MSFS - as far as I know - start with an older graphic card driver. If it hasn’t changed, go back one version and try. If it doesn’t work, uninstall the latest functional windows update 1905 2004 20H2.
That’s what I have done - and others too - to get rid of CDTs. Good luck Guido

yeah… but here in thread we have a important hint: “since 1.12.13.0” and so we can exclude some of these :slight_smile:

What can be excluded? I don’t see any reason to exclude anything, neither win nor NVIDIA or graphic card generally speaking…

I am also getting these CTD errors usually in the middle of a flight after about half an hour of flying. I didnt used to get them a few weeks ago. Now getting them rpactially every flight. Making the game unplayable.

Had constant CTD with the most recent nv drivers, revert back to 457.51… no more issue

not sure what is the best for fs2020 but definitely not 461.40…

any one had better perf using another version

1 Like