Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

I am experiencing the same issue. First time I am firing up the FBW 320 (latest stable version) after the sim update and suddenly starting to get CTD at different phases in flight. Did some flights earlier with general aviation aircrafts and no issue… did not change anything to my system nor the configuration. Also believe its not hardware related as my system is pretty high-end and no issues with other games. Could the FBW 320 be the issue? Did not test the default 320 yet. But also wondering what the issue could be, the provided error messsage doesn’t say very much - which makes it hard to identify the root cause.

Edit: just saw this thread: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/592373-ctds-after-december-2020-update/page/2/ - users reporting the issue got solved by reverting back to the old nvidia driver 457.51. Could be the root cause for me as well - trying it out now. Not sure whether you are running on a nvidia card as well?

Yes, I posted about this here as well… Getting lots of CTD? Rollback Nvidia Drivers

Let’s see if this helps others.

1 Like

Well it seem to have worked for me - was just able to finish a flight with the FBW 320 without any CTD.

Thanks a million! Would never have guessed that the nvidia driver was causing the issue.

I spoke too soon I had 2 more CTDs this morning. This is the first time I have this consistent issue. Found a thread about reverting back to previous nvidia driver version

Rollback to 457.51 worked for me in this case.

For what it’s worth, I’m experiencing this same crash on an AMD GPU (RX 5700), so it isn’t purely an Nvidia GPU/driver phenomenon. The crash typically happens in a demanding location (large city/airport) with a lot of textures. I’ve repeatedly watched the VRAM usage increase up to the 8 GB capacity, followed by a freeze and shortly thereafter a crash. A program should interact with the drivers to free up VRAM when this happens so as to avoid the crash. I’m on the latest stable AMD drivers (23 Nov), which didn’t cause any issues prior to 1.12.13.0.

1 Like

Hey guys,

if some of you are using FSUIPC, be sure you have the latest version installed (7.0.3 right now - came on Dec 24th).

2 Likes

I have this bug with the a320 especially when I use other software in same time as LittleNavMap or/and Fsx Google Track Tracker. The popup indicated that is a problem with simconnect.

1 Like

It’s possible the Airliner mods such as A320nx is crashing the sim. Flying the 787 without the mod, only liveries, no crash. Flew the A320 with mod always crashes. At least that’s my experience so far

Hi,

The same here for me ! Every time I descend I have CTD’s… without any mod, I’ve tested everyting but nothing change, I did today a clean install of windows 10 with FS2020 clean but CTD’s… It’s not acceptable at all really !!! Before the last update everything was working… at every update now I’m scared of what they have broken…

1 Like

I have been able to complete a few flights without any CTD. The key changes I made were, increased the virtual memory as @GFXONLINE suggested, and switched to the latest dev version of the A32nx. Why don’t you try the same and see what happens.

3 Likes

For me, not running FSUIPC solved it.
Can run any MOD incl. the FBW A320NX and had no CTD since running the SIM without FSUIPC…

1 Like

Should maybe try this as well - although I was able to complete 1 flight without CTD while running FSUIPC. Thus not sure whether it’s really related to FSUIPC. Maybe it’s a combination of things.

Anyhow, in contact with the support team as I believe we will not identify the root cause on our own.

Fingers crossed!

Never had a CTD until the Dec 22 update.

Now I can’t fly, as I get CTD as mission loads after clicking on the “Fly” button. And haven’t changed anything on my end for at least a month.

And all these forum experts laughing at us, telling us it must be something we did. The only thing that changed is the update on Dec 22nd, and I have no intention of going through a long list of things to “try.”

Microsoft and Asobo should “try” to deliver a stable product. That is what needs to be changed.

6 Likes

While I understand your frustration, this approach will take you nowhere.

You might think that you haven’t changed anything, but your system changes. There are updates getting installed, which you don’t control. The thermal paste you have applied is getting less effective. Hope you understand what I am saying.

Going through some basics of troubleshooting may allow you to continue enjoying your sim. When I started this thread, I wasn’t able to finish a single flight. Now with the advice I got here, I haven’t had any further CTDs.

The “always runs smooth” approach in games means considering a console rather than an open system.

3 Likes

Hi,
Yesterday I get a CTD just after started FSUIPC, a brief search I discovered that new version of FSUIPC was released in Dec 24th.
After update it, I have no CTD so far.
I am using the last version of nvidia driver + nvidia exp.
Rgds,
Marcelo

Very well said! Both our system and the sim are constantly changing, it’s about keeping them synced - which is not easy for the developers.

2 Likes

I already have 9700 virtual memory as my rig has 64 GB RAM installed. My A320nx is up to date as well.

Yesterday I fly from EDDK to LSZH, no problem. Today from LSZH to EDDK, near Colone CTD. I use Pilot2ATC with the last Version of FSUIPC. And change the Nvidia Driver, to the older once.
Roland

It could be the fsuipc. I had my plane a320 sit at the gate for about 20 minutes all system off. Then turned on batteries set it up, I then started pacx which requires fsuipc. Once I started fsuipc the sim froze then crashed to desktop.