Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

Still, we are not addressing the big question: what has changed in the latest update version of MSFS that seems to be causing lots of CTD’s to the users who hadn’t had any before the 23rd of December and haven’t made any other changes to the hardware, drivers, overclocking, USB devices, …

4 Likes

Since the latest update there’s definetly an issue with simconnect. Asobo confirmed that already.

1 Like

if you read the posts in the forum, you get your answer.

Beside of the outdated mods as one reason, I linked a very interessting post for you. The only to do for you: scroll one post back, and click on the link :wink:

Sorry but its not an unupdated mod. Its MS2020 problem inside. No answer for this. There is 1 thousand reasons because the problem is in the sim it self. Let complian about, GPU, CPU, Oveclock Mod,… the first time i get this anoying CTD is now. And thousand of configs of each user is not the problem.

Yes, i m connected to FSE, making a video game capture, with A320 FBW mod, and get a CTD, with some liveries. 1h30’’ of normal play… no switch changing or making other staff, simple, CTD. Yes, a have a message in the window 15 min before, “your con is lost with the FS server” ??? WTF, 1 sec after, “con restablished”… then 15 min later CTD, nice 2 hours lost. Cant restore the flight, the config, the MCDU config,… so, so anoying.

the link I mentioned ( post number 140 ) points to another reason…

And this is like a proof what I have in mind:

Is also part of dicussion in big CTD thread:

First .net runtime error.

Then

dll error.

No more info, only this.

related to coherent lib there are some existing older threads in the forum ( older than 1.12.13.0 ).
Possible two different kind of issues you mention.

EDIT:
ah… now seen… also a .NET error…

If I see this correct, I have to ask:
why you have such an old .NET runtime ?

1 Like

Just MS manage the updates… so if its not updated i think it not critical. I will force the update, but, i dont think this is the problem. There is something in the dll that is not working good.

hmmm… okay… I see at my PC .NET 4.7.2 … some “major numbers” increased.
Possible you can check the “Programme/Features” page what you have currently installed, so that we are sure that this version is meant within the error report.

UPDATE:
here a link to versions

( you can choose english at these side )

Its in the steam versión,… maybe only have the problem here…

I have Steam version too…hmmm…

Can you find this ?

I’am not so “familiar” with these MS .NET stuff :wink:

you have this in your PC, mine are old, but when you compile a DLL you choose the compatibity to other versions. If the version is old, you get a message with the issue.

okay… I understood… version of binary :slight_smile:

Then assume .net is fine and just the Coherent lib issue is open… it’s realy an old issue… I can’t exactly remember, possible there was somewhat with mods like G1000/xx…

.net is not the problem. Im updated to .4.8 but the app use the 4.0.
Something is crashing with the .dll but there is no trace.

1 Like

yes… we have to find out what caused the Coherent crash.

Update III: After a few flights with no crashed, I just experienced another CTD! :confounded:The Windows eventviewer has noting more to say then APPCRASH. Had no other mod running then the DA40 mod. No Multiplyer, no AI aircraft, Clear weather. Flew near LIMG.

Can we please have soon an update of this 1.12.13.version? Its just no good! Or should I switch back to XP? That at least is stable.

2 Likes

we not searching issues related to mods… this can also the developers not do, they just not own this mods.

this question can nobody answering you :slight_smile: … I use, depend on my dayli mood: nothing, DCS; MSFS; XPlane11 and sometimes P3D… why: I need Helicopters :wink:

Thus… thanks for the report, but with installed Community Mods the result is more or less random. That seemingly the workaround with the network relevant settings helped, can we assume, because you fly longer without a CTD.

1 Like

For a good understanding, I’m not blaming the mods. And being an enthousiast user of this sim (MSFS), I’m rather frustrated about something so beautiful is now failing on me since this update.

I also still face random CTDs without having mods installed, just by flying a specific route with a caravan, it crashes at the same place - exactly reproducable, did it 10 times now.

For who may is interested to reproduce, fly from LICA to LICR at 3000 ft with a caravan, it crashes somehwhere around the marked area (which was the SkyPark-First flight)

Reporting back here! After rolling back the NVIDIA drivers and installing the new ones and limiting my FPS to 30, I am no longer getting any CTDs for now. My GPU runs cooler and is not at 99%. I am a bit surprised that my 1080TI can’t handle 99% at 79c as it can for ANY other games and I have never gotten CTDs until the last couple patches. Anyways, I should be getting my new Asus 3080 ROG STRIX next week. I hope this will help at 1440.