Constant CTD after update 1.12.13.0

Slowhand, you are missing the point. Simply, we cannot help if you have mods installed. If you would like assistance solving the CTD,

• Empty ALL mods/liveries/add-ons from your community folder.
  • Disable ALL add-on software, including FSUIPC, weather/ATC/Nav apps that don not reside in the community folder.
  • Confirm Virtual Mem + Physical Memory > 32Gb
  • Shut down computer and restart (Cold Boot)
  • Test MSFS

Report back

2 Likes

What would you recommend we set the Virtual Memory Initial size & Maximum size? I have 32GB of RAM. Also, which drive to you set manually? The C drive or all drives?

Your target for total available between your physical ram and the virtual mem should exceed 32GB.
I would start at 4GB Min Virtual and then set Max at 32 - Physical Mem.

The C drive or all drives?

Pick whatever is your fastest drive as long as it doesnā€™t push drive usage over 75%.
An SSD is best case but a HDD is fine.
I am not a fan of using the root drive for virtual mem as it is just one more thing hammering the work horse.

1 Like

I have 2 of the same M.2 SSDs. So should I tweak the virtual memory on the OS C drive or the D drive where FS is installed?

I would use D

Ok because this says Cā€¦

• Click to select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed (by default C:)

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015893879-How-to-troubleshoot-crashes-CTDs

FlightSimulator.exe
5fda32ba
FlightSimulator.exe
5fda32ba
c0000005
000000000043ca7a
1fa0
01d6e4a68253f980
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
d2061a80-24b2-4b78-9ca3-fc249cfba646
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

Getting sick of crashes mid flight. I will try disabling AI traffic next time, but why should I have to? Fix your game Asobo.

1 Like

This is to report the apparently same CTD signature after more than 1h of flight.
This was today, latest update installed.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5fda32ba
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000043ca7a
Faulting process id: 0x5c7c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6e72eff5738a9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 9dae8da7-f6bf-434b-8912-15b22bffe7ff
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.12.13.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Was running little NavMap, SmartCars, FSUIPC7 at the same time.

After trying to restart MSFS, this time in flight at approximate crash position, it again occurred after a few seconds.

Before posting in the #Bugs-and-Issues categories, assure no mods or 3rd party add-ons are installed per the guidelines of this section.

The purpose of the #Bugs-and-Issues categories is to discuss issues that affect the base simulator (MSFS default content). Please do not discuss issues or report bugs with third-party addons, or modifications in this category.

If you believe your issue may be caused by a third-party addon/mod, empty your community folder, restart the simulator and try to reproduce the error.

All issues caused by, or involving third-party addons/mods should be reported to the third-party developer. All issues related to the core simulator (MSFS default content) can be formally reported through Zendesk.

1 Like

I have been experiencing very frequent CTDs in the last week. Iā€™ve exhausted all the steps included in the Zendesk troubleshooting but still no solution! I succeed in completing just one flight in ten! Iā€™m really exhausted!

One thing I can recommend is when people experience CTDs to download and run OCCT. Regardless of overclocking etc - your bios settings/XMP/memory health can be the culprit.
After your computer survives 10 mins of OCCT without a crash you can be almost certain your HW is okay.
I found that Windows 10 are much less tolerant on mem overclocking than windows 7. I was running XMP2 profile for years on win7 with no errors whatsoever, but FS on windows 10 was crashing with the same config.

1 Like

Ever since 1.12.13.0 its very rare that it will ever load for me. Very frustrating.

some users flight 8hours and more , and this means whole time full load. Ten minutes is not a reference value if you want to find out issues.

is the instable XMP profileā€¦

You might try a Resetā€¦ read this link. Good luck!

ā€¦ try that only, if realy searching ā€œfunā€ like mentioned in point number 5 : reload whole game again

Donā€™t reinstall except as a VERY last resort. Usually doesnā€™t fix anything.

I know you have probably done this already, but, rather than rebuilding MSFS letā€™s start with a cold restart of your system.

• Windows - Shut Down
  • Power switch on back of system - OFF
  • Unplug router
  • Wait 1 minute
  • Plug router back in
  • Wait for router to complete reboot and reconnection
  • Unplug USB peripherals. Nothing connected to computer except mouse/keyboard.
  • Turn switch on back of system - ON
  • Boot to Windows desktop - wait until all system activity ceases. (no longer loading processes)
  • Plug in only USB devices required for MSFS.
  • Fire up MSFS and test.

If encountering errors in a system that was previously stable the above list should be completed before any other troubleshooting.

1 Like

As mentioned, Reset has worked for me every single time. If youā€™ve had installation problems in the past (I have not) or a slow internet pipe (I do not) then Reset might not be the path, except as a last resort.

but you download the same files :slight_smile:

There is a chance that this helps because some others files are deleted while un-install which makes trouble. Possible number one might be the cache fileā€¦