Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

I run one flight today, 3H, no CTD. Maybe just lucky. Will see in another one.

Yeah - I always turn off my PC when I have finished using it that day. I haven’t been on MSFS since the weekend so I’ll do some more flights today and will report my findings.

1 Like

I can confirm there was update Windows Defender with timestamp 2022-08-23 13:40, version 1.373.858.0. Next we will see.

We will see. Thank you for tip.

(it is not ideally for MSFS if Windows Defender can cause (maybe) CDT)

CTD Festival the last days. But today so far I did KDFW-MMCZ 2h30min, MMCZ-KMIA 1h30m, KMIA-KBNA 2h10min and currently enroute KBNA-KPHX with about 1h20min airtime so far and everything perfect. Didnt changed anything and all online services, live weather etc. up and running.

Please, can’t you just name which update you think fixes it? Is it a specific Defender update? Or please name the KB that we should look for.

Just “press update and retry” is the worst kind of info if you seemingly have one specific update figured to solve the issue.
Why is it so hard to communicate precisely what you found out? Everyone could check themselves if we know which update is required.

People spent hours and hours to provide you as much info as possible, we also deserve information from MS/Asobo on what the finding is. Not a magical “press update and hope”.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Please be aware that shutting the pc off and turning it back on again is not necessarily a full restart. For it to be a full restart, fast boot/startup must be disabled or the restart button must be used.

5 Likes

Can you provide instructions on how to do it properly please.

Updates didn’t show, but then eventually did and installed. Must be these two-

Will do a longer flight tonight to check it out.

CTD just now. FBW 320 Vatsim out of Heathrow for Frankfurt with live weather.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000011b4f89
Faulting process id: 0x373c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b70b39a7a92a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 945174ce-5e36-473c-af27-430064fbfae7
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

On windows 11 I had this Microsoft defender update this morning. On KB2267602 v. 1.373.837.0 and had no CTD:s today.

Everything updated… full restart, scanned for corrupted files… DISM with all options…scf… still crashes since friday… disabled Windows defender.

Windows Defender you didn’t see in Windows Update History. Try Windows Update → next go to Security Windows → go to Protection from viruses and threats (first option, sry, i have not in english).
On next window check updates. If you click on Search updates you will see last version with timestamp.

Hello @JBJF,
I don’t think this is related to the CTD that’s happening in this topic. You may wish to start a new topic in this category: #self-service:ctd-help

2 Likes

I have checked for updates, and my PC is saying it is up to date. Last update was installed on 15 Aug, i.e. before I started to get the CTD problem. If there is a new Windows update to fix this problem, why is my PC not telling me there is an update to install? Think I’ll avoid MSFS for a few more days. As a previous post mentioned, can you not tell us the KB number of the fix we need to install?

did a windows update check, nothing new, did a fill restart/shutdown, changed the server from WEU to east USA (I am in Austria), deactivated windows defender, then flew my “CTD - route” (PMDG 700 from VLLB to VHHH) → instead of ntdll.dll error I got now a freeze of the screen without any error log in the event manager …

Have you performed a full system restart as described earlier by @ITDreamFly?

Google 0xc0000409

Test flight no 1

I did and to check if I have the right update installed, I need to know which KB to look for.

1 Like

its less complex as its sounds:

note: “Restart” is in windows not the same as “Shut down” and start again

EDIT: I forgot Fast boot… to be on safest side you can disable that too ( it in generall a good idea, in contrast what MS recommended ) .

Its not complex and there are some sites in big internet: as example : MS Answers

I have McAfee so windows defender isn’t in use I don’t think. There is no option for ‘updates’ on that page “Virus and threat protection menu”. All updates are handled by McAfee.