Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

Thank you :slight_smile:

New update about my experience.
Last weekend, several CTD (12). The on Monday after a restart, no more CTD, 3 flights completed, and 4 hours in the sim.
Only today I could use the sim again, and again, after 2 flights, no CTD. 1 flight of 1 hour (Fenix) and some short flights for fun only (Cessna 152). Then from my side, the nightmare of last weekend is not more happening, everything fine. Note: I have tons of addons (280 GB of addons - mainly airports and liveries). Is a PC - Steam Version.

2 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: CTD happened while taxiing to the parking

So far so good for me too. Two flights now with all add-ons now working again and its been fine.

2 Likes

A tip for people with WIN11. Today I have received 2 updates (KB5016691 - KB5016594).
First is coming to solve several issues from previous updates, can be relevant.
Second is a .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 update.
I have updated both and until now, I continue without CTD after 2 hours in the SIM.
I say CONTINUE because in fact I don’t have any CTD since Monday (see my previous post on this topic).
Anyway these updates can be useful to some people that still have CTD’s.

Hi, for me yesterday evening 1.5 hour flight with Fenix and no ctd too.
I’ve rolled back the gpu nvidia driver.
This morning I’ve updated the net framework and in the evening did the last win11 update.
Tomorrow second flight for testing

1 Like

I haven’t had a CTD since MSFS team published the post:

Tested on Fenix A320:

• about 3x 3hours air time flights
  • about 3x 1hours air time flights
    (maybe more)

This is about 12-13 hours of flight. CTD with ntdll is seems be resolved. CTD no more. :wink:

6 Likes

This evening second 1.5 hs flight. With Fenix A320. No ctd , everything has been smooth.
No change from last flight.

3 Likes

No more ctds about ntdll since this post! Its great

But I do have a new issue where frames drop significantly after hours of flying

Ty for the ntdll fix anyway, so much better

3 Likes

Here no more problems after restart. When I had the infamous problems I tried older sound, gpu drivers and could not even do a 10 minute flight. Now all solid and also installed latest sound (realtek) and nVidia GPU (Creative ones) again. Still all smooth even with loads of addons loaded.

2 Likes

No more CTDs but performances have become embarrassing

6 Likes

Anybody still experiencing this CTD?
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, wersja: 1.26.5.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, wersja: 1.26.5.0, sygnatura czasowa: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c17f6a
Faulting process ID: 0x1264
Faulting application start time:: 0x01d8bae46cd116ca
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: bd566f7b-a72c-4f8a-aeda-a1c6162e4a9d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I get this everytime I fly now, and I’ve seen some people reporting this issue here too.
Did anyone found a fix?

Hello @fyzyk3594,
The CTD you are having isn’t related to this topic.

Please create a new topic in Community Support > CTD Help with details (location, what you were doing, aircraft, any addons, etc.,) #self-service:ctd-help

Thank you!

Another NTDLL crash to desktop

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1949, time stamp: 0xfe96c48e
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x00000000000515ad
Faulting process id: 0x124c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8bfb5aca1f5ea
Faulting application path: E:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: dd5a02e0-b1c3-43d4-9dfa-466817b00baf
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Hi,

the issue was about

ntdll.dll / 0xc0000374

you getting

ntdll.dll / 0xc0000409

which is different. May be sound driver related, but can’t remember for now.

Here try this thread:
Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll) - Bug Reports / CTDs - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

it is this topic here you linked :slight_smile: , but we also see, that the user also reported an error which not relates:
( Couatl64_MSFS.exe , ucrtbase.dll , ucrtbase.dll … and also the memory coult not be read ) which sounds more like GSX, or what else.

More intressting, if any, for @AlbertM8895 would be: CTDs are back - #40 by CaptainOx42 where at the end defectice RAM was the cause… or just checking its installed mods , may be also GSX or I also remember such kind " MK-Studios EIDW" of reports.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Constant CTD Not ntdll.dll

Hello everyone,

To keep the forums easy to follow, we are closing this thread as the CTDs with the ntdll.dll error are resolved. Please see this post for details:

To discuss other unrelated CTDs, please use the Community Support and/or Bug Reports forums.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

3 Likes