Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

I did and to check if I have the right update installed, I need to know which KB to look for.

1 Like

its less complex as its sounds:

note: ā€œRestartā€ is in windows not the same as ā€œShut downā€ and start again

EDIT: I forgot Fast bootā€¦ to be on safest side you can disable that too ( it in generall a good idea, in contrast what MS recommended ) .

Its not complex and there are some sites in big internet: as example : MS Answers

I have McAfee so windows defender isnā€™t in use I donā€™t think. There is no option for ā€˜updatesā€™ on that page ā€œVirus and threat protection menuā€. All updates are handled by McAfee.

okay thanks, Iā€™ve downloaded the latest Nvidia driver and done a reboot, windows is up to date. Will try the flight again tonight

1 Like

Fully update and restarted.
Live weather on
Bing on
Photo Off
AI live Off

Setup plane EGLL-LIMC, was on pushback then bam.

This is a terrible terrible piece of software, canā€™t see how it can be defended.

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c1af6a
Faulting process ID: 0x908
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8b70b4360c2b8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report ID: ab009fc4-9cc0-4d8f-8af3-02b325e3a290
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

1 Like

I did update yesterday, after having some difficulties on Saturday because I ran out of space on my System Drive.
Hadnā€™t done any flights immidiately afterwards but I did three today and all went along fine without any CTD.

System up-to-date (after manual update) and a CTD occurred (yesterday).

BTW if it is those two windows updates that I screen grabbed above, I installed them, rebooted and launched FS which then proceeded to CTD twice on loading screens (possibly at checking for updates). I then booted FS into Safe mode which launched fine, closed FS then relaunched in normal mode and it launched fine. (in case any of you see CTDā€™s on launch, you might want to try safe mode first.
Iā€™m now loading a flightplan. Will report back later.

1 Like

Ok this only makes sense if it was a faulty Defender Pattern, because thats the only thing the update button is for today. :slight_smile:

@CptFawlty,

Based on the error log you posted, the crash you experienced does not appear to be related to the ntdll.dll CTD being discussed in this thread. I suggest creating a new topic in this category: #self-service:ctd-help

I kept seeing no updates (I donā€™t use defender) but when I rebooted and rechecked it had installed the two updates as I screen grabbed above.

There seems little point, that one has been rumbling on for two years now. I think Iā€™ll wait for XPlane 12 instead but thank you for the advice.

Iā€™ve already pointed to NVIDIA yesterday, but my post was ignored. Fully patched W11.22000.856 and no updates available as of today (manual search).

Not a CTD but a freeze after 1 minute ingame due to ā€œmissingā€ or ā€œfaultyā€ nvlddmkm which translates to Nvidia Windows Longhorn Display Driver Model Kernel Mode:

As it is not related to ntdll.dll - should I create a new topic?

Witch server do you use?

This appears to be unrelated to the crash being discussed in this thread. Please create a new topic here: #self-service:ctd-help

I donā€™t wanna sound difficult but could there maybe be a banner be put up for the community to signal that the problem is worked on and then when they fixed it. Iā€™m kinda tired of reading through endless repeats in the crash topics. MSFS deserves a better community vibe :wink:

8 Likes

If you are aware of which KB version to look for, this would help tremendously. People are blindly guessing without this infoā€¦

EDIT: to add to this, im fairly certain that people like me who are on W10, will see a different KB version number than people on W11. So im a bit confused here.

Iā€™ll do that later in the evening; I can reproduce it easily. Before Iā€™ll try an older driver.

We are waiting for further test results from the people reading this thread to determine if Asoboā€™s suggested fix has actually resolved the issue. Once we have a good sample size of people saying they are no longer getting the ntdll.dll crash, we will make an announcement to a wider audience. We donā€™t want to broadcast a possible resolution until we receive more feedback from players that it is actually fixed.

3 Likes

Pretty sure they meant a announcement post letting users know that Asobo is investigating this CTD issue. Instead of having to come to this thread.

1 Like