Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)

There is at least one instance that it has, but the majority are not it is true, and they usually point to “Flightsimulator.exe” instead, which are not relevant to this thread.

There is on that one as it mentions ntdll.dll specifically.

1 Like

You’re right. I did some more research into it, and it’s the other way round

2 Likes

I had a short flight and no CTD: i will stress the system later.
But… the performance became embarrassing. Continuous lags and very bad flight management. You can’t fix one thing and break another…

I realized 1300nm in accelerated speed of the sim. more than 2 hours of flight without crash, now I had deactivated ATC AZUR because after the Windowws 10 update I had the RcRuntime140.dll code, an old problem which reappeared! I will try the flight without acceleration tonight and with ATC Azur activated, the repair is on track

Doesn’t mean they’ve done a restart/shut down to complete the installation though

1 Like

The exception code 0xc0000374 is usually thrown by the ntdll.dll, but there’s lots of users also reporting 0xc0000005 exception thrown by MSFS.exe. It’s quite possible these are related to the same issue, as one is a heap corruption error and the other is a memory access violation. Many users are reporting both of these exceptions, almost going back and forth. It’s entirely possible they’re actually related, it just depends what is throwing the exception code at that time.

2 Likes

Exactly my point but which the powers to be are ignoring.

2 Likes

So yeah no Windows updates for me too it was all up to date and i actually do a “real” restart every day but 2 flights with no crashes all online services enabled and with the PMDG 737 both are around 2 hours.

But now i am getting blurry ground textures few miles before T/D also no elevation data completely flat ground textures etc are not loading at all. My internet connection is completely fine. When i manually turn off the online mode and turn it back on the textures etc. are loading again but i have to do that on both flights this morning.

That’s right. Unless you work in a managed environment, Microsoft delivered updates don’t force restarts. I have mine configured to download, and auto-install, but not reboot. It’s true that your system is slightly more vulnerable in that pre-reboot state as that is the perfect time to inject malicious code ready for the OS to run upon restart, but this is a compromise many make at home.

Latest updates on Windows 11 were published almost 2 weeks before the issue started. A Windows update won´t fix the error. I already had Windows fully updated when the error started to appear.

That ntdll.dll throws 0xc0000374 or 0xc0000005 exceptions does not mean that the module itself is causing the failure. Those error codes are related to heap corruptions (memory corruption) and are signs of programming errors, null pointers or memory optimization errors. If Windows was the reason for the error, even taking into account that it was updated 2 weeks before the issues, other applications would be crashing as well as MSFS and they don´t crash. However when an aplication is using corrupted memory data this will be one of the results. Corrupted data does not fall from the sky but is corrupted somewhere. When the game client has not been updated in months (like in the case of SU9) this can only have one source: the online data.

For those interested:

But in any case, as a simple user at least, at this point I really don´t care about the reason for the error. Both Windows and the game are Microsoft products. There´s no excuse here in my opinion. This must be solved.

Cheers

8 Likes

It is as far as I know. Have you restarted?

I restarted like 30 times in past 2 weeks, yes. My computer is swiched off while I´m sleeping or I´m working.

Cheers

Ah, switched off, and restarting are two different things, depending on whether you have Hibernation or Fast Startup enabled.

If you restart your computer it should resolve it. Not shutdown/start, but restart. You may have restarted it 30 times in the last two weeks but have you done it today, or maybe yesterday?

Even before this last episode I read on the forums here on at least one occasion where the general, non-official advice was that if you experienced a CTD, it was best not to just re-start the sim, and plough on, but to restart the computer.

1 Like

Dude… I saw the patches updating before switching off and after powering on the next time when the last update was applied. I know how the updating works. The patches are installed, as you can see in the screenshot. That´s why I say that this won´t solve the issue because I had them already installed since early August.

If the error is vanished now it will be a matter or magic but not caused by the Windows updating.

Cheers

1 Like

Yes, but that was on the 9th. I believe the recent issue here started occurring last Friday 19th, though I didn’t get hit by it until Saturday 20th.

All I can assume for this is you haven’t restarted, and for some reason are resistant to. Look at it this way, you have nothing to lose by restarting today, but it’s up to you if you won’t. The issue most likely won’t go away until you do.

I wish you luck.

2 Likes

Thanks! I solved the problem temporarely with an older driver.

I restarted and problems persist (after every update I do the necessary thing) I had a rock solid experience till last Friday and then crash-hell broke loose all of a sudden and I experienced the first time since August 2020 discoloration of the environment, completely flat earth, airports not entierly loaded (not freshly put in the folder… they all worked until Doomsday Friday). And so there are no server problems involved? And after every crash I restart the pc…

The CTD’s stopped for me before I saw the advice given here, having had one every flight. So from a personal perspective, I find it highly unlikely that checking updates and shutting down the PC solved it. Something changed not on our PC’s that then allowed us to fly without CTD.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%

Point 1.my PC is always completely shut down Fast boot is disabled and this for a long time because otherwise the ASUS MAXIMUS displays an error code
this can not be the point that the error has currently disappeared

Point 2. my windows was last updated on 11.8. it can not be the point that the error has disappeared

Point 3. I do not use Defender is disabled and managed by Kaspersky so it can not be that the error has disappeared.

If MS or Asobo don’t want to communicate what caused the problem and how it was fixed, that’s OK.
but this fix is like placebo

11 Likes