Constant CTD in the region around LOWL and LOLO

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes, even tried with a complete reinstall → the same, sim crashes at the same circumstances.

Brief description of the issue:

When trying to start a flight at the Linz airport (LOWL) or at the small grass filed in Linz (LOLO), the Sim crashes during loading the flight. Loading a flight at another airport works fine, but when flying towards the region of Linz (Upper Austria, Austria, GPS: 48.290238223971066N, 14.301994116152946E ( 48°17’15.8"N 14°18’15.8"E)) the sim crashes when entering a ~20km circle around the given coordinates.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

n/a

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

• try to load a flight starting at LOWL
  • or try to load a flight starting at LOLO
  • or try to start a flight at LOLT (small grass field ~40km SE of Linz, loads fine into sim) and fly towards LOLO → the sim wil chrash about 30km prior reaching LOLO.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Windows Version: Windows 10 Pro, Version 22H2, Build 19045.2251
Nvidia Driver Version: 526.98

PC:

• CPU: Intel i9-9900K (@ 4.7GHz)
  • GPU: Nvidia RTX 3090 (MSI SUPRIM X)
  • MEM: 64GB Corsair Vengence (XMP active @ 3733 MT/s)
  • MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme
  • STORAGE: 500GB Samsung 970Plus (System), 2TB Samsung 970Plus (Sim)
  • PERIPHERALS: Logitech X-56 Hotas, Thrustmaster TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals, Stream Deck
  • SCREEN: Samsung LC49RG90 (5120x1440 @ 120 Hz)

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

2045231639216964419, Typ 4
1583648389529124444, Typ 4
1554107640480913314, Typ 4

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

1.29.29.0 (Steam version, Premium Deluxe Edition)

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Same issue, CTD when loading a flight starting at LOWL, LOLO, LOLH.

Starting the sim in safe mode does not fix the issue. When I disable “Bing Data World Graphics” and delete and disable the Rolling Cache I am able to load into LOWL successfully. If I then enable “Bing Data World Graphics” while located at the airport the sim crashes instantly.

1820836098927485113, type 5

Exact same problem

yes, it suddenly apeard again with latest sim update 1.30.12.0

It is strange, the bug magically appeared again with the latest update (1.30.12.0). It makes no difference if addons are used or not. I even uninstalled the sim and reinstalled it → same result: loading into LOLO results in a CTD during loading and presumably during GPU init (didn’t test LOWL).

I suspect that it has something to do with GPU initialization: it loads along perfectly, but when the GPU gets something to do during loading, indicated due to GPU fans spinning up, the sound stops, the fans are slowing down again and shortly after the sim CTD.

Loading for example Innsbruck (LOWI), I have no issues at all. That is so strange. This seems to be location based an also seems to appear and disapear without doing anything special to the simulator. Last time I had the problem it suddenly disapeard (nothing changed, not updates performed) and didn’t come back until the latest update 1.30.12.0.
I also suspect that it has something to do with some online functionality since it tends to fix itself without any client update :man_shrugging:.

I do not use rolling cache → it is disabled and therefore empty.

n/a

1275115889834596447, Typ 4

Latest SU12 beta fixed the issue again … currently it is working as intended