Constant CTD since 20th of August (NOT NTDLL.DLL)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

Constant CTD since 20th of August, before 20th of August I never had any crashes in two years with MSFS.
Error generated:
Nome dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: FlightSimulator.exe, versione: 1.26.5.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Nome del modulo che ha generato l’errore: unknown, versione: 0.0.0.0, timestamp: 0x00000000
Codice eccezione: 0xc0000005
Offset errore 0x00007f00a861ff0f
ID processo che ha generato l’errore: 0x1880
Ora di avvio dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: 0x01d8bbd4397f547e
Percorso dell’applicazione che ha generato l’errore: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Percorso del modulo che ha generato l’errore: unknown
ID segnalazione: 89263c19-bdd1-4b4b-8af7-b1c6a5845f57
Nome completo pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:
ID applicazione relativo al pacchetto che ha generato l’errore:

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

CTD are completely random. It happens with every aircraft, everywhere, at the start of the flight, at the end of the flight, before departing. It’s impossible to reproduce the issue.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

If on PC, Fault Bucket ID - Instructions here - Please type in just the Fault Bucket ID # rather than a screenshot for privacy reasons:

Topic moved into Community Support for community assistance.

I hope I’m in the right CTD-topic to report mine. I seem to have lost track in the different report-categories, my apologies.

As TS mentioned I also experienced multiple CTD’s starting at august 20th. They were gone the last couple of days but today I crashed again out of the blue.

Windows 10 / Store version
Server EU
PMDG 737
Nvidia driver 512.95 (bloat-free version)
RTX 3060-ti
Intel I7-7700
32GB

ScreenHunter_001

Yesterday, out of nowehere, I managed to make a couple of flights without issues. Today, crashed as soon as I started taxing.

BTW why my topic was moved outside the bug section? CTD is not a bug?

Only confirmed bugs go into Bug Reporting. If there’s enough responses of the exact issue, then it gets moved into Bug Reporting. Most causes of CTD’s aren’t bugs.

Tons of people reporting multiple crashes out of nowhere since 10 days … and here we are still waiting to see if there’s any problem at all …

4 Likes

it happens since the MSFS crash’t first time, or ?

Have you tried to clean the usually folders, files ?

%AppData%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\ SceneryCache,SceneryIndex,DCE,content.xml, ROLLINGCAHE ( or at the location where you moved it ) ?

A system check might also allways a good idea ( sfc , dism ) , also if its seems not directly related. And ensure your system can do all updates.

@RadYew520258915 thats the first CTD since the ntdll-issue was fixed ( end of the 20.Aug weekend like the topic here is ) - the users should do a full system Restart ( not simple shutdown ). Are you sure that these first CTD since a week relates to this topic here ? The red bubbles more back in history would be intressting.

I miss the point where it’s my fault when MSFS starts crashing out of nowhere without any changes at all.

2 Likes

where I wrote somewhat about your fault ? realy ?

I ask whether you cleaned the files after the first crash happend. The issue from weekend around 20Aug. is fixed. A guess is that possible some data left from the crash, which again cause a crash. We give hints here which might possible help you, and not want to discuss about fingerpointing.

All - ASUS Scar Strix III laptop, I-7-9750; Nvidia RTX-2070; 32GB System Ram. Not experiencing any CTD as of last Friday. Had to rebuild Laptop back to OEM state, as MS Edge kept giving me errors. It’s been year anyway, so time for it, get rid of all the misc. ■■■■. Downloading MSFS again as we speak, so do not know if I get them now or not. Check CF and clean out everything in it, not needed for testing to see if that clears it. Unplug all USB devices, shutdown, and then plug in only needed ones for MSFS. See if that clears it. Good luck and Happy flying.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, constant CTD’s in every flight. Only Navigraph and PMDG 737 in the Community folder.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

CTD’s occur suddenly with two short noises and then CTD

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c1af6a
Faulting process id: 0x2e74
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8bbcccf5edc68
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: db73f45e-b78f-460b-bbfd-cb36b4354a18
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF7626DAF6A

I have the same issue as Jinoss17. I never had crashes in the last two years. All of a sudden, I started getting constant CTD’s. I had not changed anything, but I did follow all the CTD fixing guidelines provided by MSFS, Repair, Reset and the reinstalling MSFS to plain vanilla status. I made sure my drivers were up to date, all windows updates were loaded, including the optional, etc. I was able to complete short flights having Data Online turned off, but when MSFS data was online, CTD’s occurred in less that 10-15 minutes. There is a theory that Asobo was messing with the servers to prepare for SU10, so the jury is still out. Many users are having issues, but also many users are not. So, I understand everyone’s frustration with this CTD’s, and mainly for users that never ever had one CTD in the last two years. My bet is that there is an issue with online data.

I just had a successful flight using PMDG and minimum content in the Community folder, but no Online Data/ATC. However, checking in windows updates, there was a .NET Framework update for 3.5, which could have helped. I will fly online tomorrow the same route and see what happens.

Hi MichaMMA,

As far as I know I never had a ntdll-issue. The other (major) CTD-topics were divided into…
1- “Constant CTD every flight now (ntdll.dll)”
2- “Vcruntime140.dll Error - bug”

Anyway, in my first reply I already said I’m confused where I should report my CTD. As TS had the same error I choose to add mine with additional information so the technicians could have a look at it.

• I didn’t have any red bubbles prior to the 20th of august. So I think it’s important to report my CTD so Asobo or MS can examine it. Note: I can’t seem to upload a screenshot anymore but I can assure you my system ran perfectly before the 20th (bubble free).

Also I run Studio software that eats resources for breakfast. Meaning I always have my system up to date, checked and use the most recent (reliable) updates.

Don’t get me wrong cause I appreciate your tips and suggestions. So if you have other actions I can take, feel free to share them. Also I’d like to state that I hadn’t had any CTD’s since I disabled Live-Weather, but that could be a coincidence.

but unlinke the ntdll issue, then it seems only some less users are affected from this theory.

May be we should collect additional info, like geo-location , connected servers ?

If the .NET update finally helps in your case, please report back. Check for all available updates was one hint related to the issue.

@RadYew520258915 … yah, within the topic we just want be sure, that we mean CTD since 20.Aug and former are mainly no issues. Only then we can collect possible similarities. Only therefore I asked whether you are sure with “since that 20Aug weekend”, was not a critism.
The agreed main issue with that weekend was the ntdll problem only and users reported back “it is fixed”. The other cases are currently not direct agreed to that weekend and seems more data/reports are necessary ( and allways: create a ZenDesk ticket ).

Currently we have the main point to check and install all updates. The 000005 is some kind of issue, which is hard to find, because a “common error”. Can come also from a mod , a completely different application, or whatsever ( like network issues ).

please create allways a new post with a “Quote”. Reply to Post will not work because forum issue:
[FIXED] Forum Software Bugs? - #13 by MichaMMA . Then also image upload will work :slight_smile: ( there are other workaround witrh reload, etc )

Completed one flight yesterday night with no issues, started 1h ago another flight, crash on short final with the same 000005 error and no other hints. In the meantime I ran the sfc/scannow which obviously proved to be useless.

My simulator since 20th of August is useless, I’ve made no modifications at all, but according to Asobo it’s my fault.

the topics exists, beside of given hints, to collect informations about the issue and whether its a possible topic for the bug category or one of the given hints can help. I assume nobody told its ensured your fault.

In special from the ntdll topic we know, that some strange updates around can cause issue which are hard to find.

PS: still miss a back report whether you tried to clean your appdata

Rollingcache is 1 flight old, because I deleted it before yesterday flight which I managed to complete by pure luck

Ho, it did not fix it, I just had a CTD with the same unhandled exception message.

Event 1000 Application Error
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.26.5.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001c1af6a
Faulting process id: 0x37d4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d8bd4f52add6d9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: b7e05be5-a1f4-4bb1-8284-73947d714557
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.26.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Event 1026 .NET Runtime
Application: FlightSimulator.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00007FF6750EAF6A

My report is: from August 2020 to 20th of August 2022 I had I think two crashes in total: both caused by a faulty scenery.

Then on 21 of August I had a crash while preparing the aircraft at the gate (PMDG B737 on a freeware scenery which I’ve been before and I’ve never had any crash). The cause was NTDLL.dll.

Restarted MSFS and managed to takeoff but after 30 minutes another CTD caused by 0xc0000005.

Then I parked MSFS for a week without touching anything.

Came back on 28 of August, installed some Windows 10 updates, restarted the PC completed two flights without reloading the sim, using PMDG B737 and freeware sceneries.

Started a flight on 29th of August, crash during taxi-out for takeoff (PMDG B737 using Italy Update scenery, CTD caused by 0xc0000005).

I did a sfc/scannow and deleted the old rolling cache then on 30th of August I managed to complete a 2 hour flight without issues.

Started a flight on 31th of August, crashed on short final using PMDG B737 at Benelux World Update scenery, CTD caused by 0xc0000005

1 Like