Constant CTD's after Jan 2022 update

The real question is what changed with MSFS2020 this patch to make it unstable with these drivers. I know for a fact that the Realtek drivers aren’t new and I’ve never had CTDs until the Jan MSFS2020 patch.

1 Like

I use Nvidia HD 2:1 stereo sound exclusively and have never had a problem. Realtek is disabled on all 3 of my PCs and unless something changes it always will be, their drivers are nothing but trouble.

2 Likes

Sorry, I am lost a bit, how do you use Nv drivers for a Realtek chip ?

Disable RT in the device manager, in fact I actually have it uninstalled in W11, presumably NV puts other drivers in it’s place. All audio now runs through my HDTV monitor on a Bluetooth 5.1 dongle although I can also enable the PC’s native BT 5.0 for audio if I choose.

Hi All,

I too are suffering constant CTD since this update
I have a high end rig, working perfectly before but now I cannot even pan my view in any cockpit without a freeze and CTD.

Tried all I can, it’s unfortunate but I’ve had enough
This constant battle after every update just to get this game/sim working is beyond a joke
I will give it until the next update which is a planned bug fix special !! But after that if i’m Forced to spend hours changing settings, reloading because this time my views don’t work, last time it was controller issues, before that something else, then I shall walk away and get my simulation fix from DCS or Star Citizen or Elite …yes they have their issues too but I can at least usually just load up and play.
For those of you out there with no issues I’m genuinely pleased and happy for you, but for me my goodwill to this product is now wearing thin regrettably.

3 Likes

The same here. I tried anything but nothing helps. Ctd´s in every Condition. So the Game is not usable. It would help if Asobo tells the Gamer, that they know about the issue und are working for the solution.

1 Like

It is very concerning what is happening at the moment. We should be consultated if we chose to update on patches which seem to bring new issues. The other aspect is customer support, waitng here for 3 days for zendesk to get back to me. I also tried everyting, fortunately I have found a way to resolve these CDSs on my machine which was crashing wirh any driver old or new. The only thing that finally worked here is using a studio driver...511.09 for my 3090 card. I did a clean with DDU first. Worth a try if you did not do that so far. Good luck to you all and hope the devs are reading these posts. When it works its a lovely simulator and hope the future will get us betterment in this matter.

I can not exclude that somewhat within the patch caused the problem, but on other side I seen ( mention this in another topic ) an update in nahimic service etc. with match to an windows update (20h2). I know that a-volute and other stuff will be also updated “silent” and may be that caused it… it of course a guess. For me I know that I avoid to use these tools, drivers, also nvidia HD, etc. and so I played without ctd’s :slight_smile:

I am having sound problems as well. It sounds like a driver or memory problem (pun intended). Each time I start MSFS after the computer starts up, as soon as the first splash screen (Asobo Studio) with sound is displayed, there is no sound and the computer crashes with a “bugcheck” and creates a huge memory dump file. After the computer restarts, I try enabling/disabling various sound devices and eventually some combination works for MSFS to start correctly… at least until the next computer boot/reboot. Apparently Windows undoes the configuration changes I made at system boot.

There hasn’t been very much discussion of sound-related issues with MSFS. I wouldn’t be surprised if some CTDs or performance issues are caused by Realtek and NVIDIA conflicts.

On my computer the NVIDIA sound drivers version is different than the GPU driver which is confusing. Possibly adding to my confusion is that I have installed but not enabled “DTS Sound Unbound” and “Dolby Access” from the MS Store.

Right now I am okay with hacking around my sound devices enough to get MSFS to run each day. (And it runs great with SU7/hotfix 1.21.18.0.)

Hello guys, first of all, sorry for my English, it is not my native language.
I’m having exactly the same problems with the simulator, constant CTD, many times I can’t even take off, I’ve tried everything you kindly shared and it worked, but I still have the same problems.
This is very frustrating and disastrous.

What is your graphics card ? If Nvidia try 511.09 driver.

1 Like

I thought my CTD problem has been gone since I have disabled Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer and uninstalled NVIDIA High definition audio…but now…again 2 CTDs during returning from a flight to Main Menu. It is frustrating…

Maybe interesting…It seems that you can uninstall and not only disabling the Sonic Studio Virtual Mixer in the Device Manager (Sounds, video, and game controllers). Correct me if I am wrong…

Yes, I also tried it with that version obtaining the same result. Apparently this problem is never ending and the people of Asobo are not interested in ending it.

I too would like to add my dissatisfaction and frustration with this flight simulator with the constant CTDs especially after a couple of hours flight and just about to arrive at the destination airport. I did not have this problem until after the lastest update to 1.21.18.1. in Jan22. There are many suggestions, but why should they be the cause when it was fine before the update. Asobo should release a patch to correct this instead of people having to find all sorts of work arounds.

3 Likes

Exactly !!!

Good morning all. This is my fifth CTD since the January update. Today was about two minutes after clicking Ready to Fly. Running Windows 11 with all drivers updated. Event Viewer shows:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001303ef6
Faulting process id: 0x19d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d80947679f3723
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 38a8a768-9496-49da-af8f-bca3fb30dfe5
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

two today…

and

I have had unusually many ctd since last week. Of course one suspects the lastest patch but there has been a couple of windows updates as well. Not sure what those are good for.
BR

And today’s crash: