Constant Pauses with Reverb G2 going black and sound stuttering

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

When in VR mode, the sim freezes very frequently. In most cases, these pauses last about 3-5 seconds, but sometimes can last up to 10 seconds. During this time, the headset goes black while the image on the 2D monitor is frozen. The sound would continue to play, but there have also been instances when the sound would also stop after a few stutters. These sound-stop cases always result in a silent CTD. Most of the time however, the sim continues after the pause and the headset display returns to normal until the next pause. Another strange thing is that the power/throttle lever in the aircraft would move after a pause, although the controls have not been touched. The time between the pauses can vary, mostly from a few seconds to a bit over 1 minute.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

I’ll make a video later

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Load any flight in VR in any aircraft under any conditions (also default aircraft/scenery, empty community folder, no addons at all, clear sky preset), the issue will quickly appear.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7C37)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor, 3801 MHz
Geforce RTX3080
32 GB RAM
HP Reverb G2
Windows 11 Home

Outside of this issue, my frame rates are good, all green in dev mode fps indicator. The headset has no issues in other games. (iracing for example running fine)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Probably started after SU8, but seems to have gotten much worse with SU9

What I’ve tried so far:

Updated to latest NVIDIA drivers
Returned sim to “vanilla state”
Upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11
Completely re-installed Microsoft Flight Simulator
Flashed BIOS to latest version
Updated chipset drivers
Updated Ethernet drivers
Re-installed WMR/Open XR

The sim is still unplayable :frowning:

Have you got the Gray Out option selected in WMR? It’s an option when headset tracking is lost

Thanks for the hint. This option was indeed turned on. I disabled it and I did a short test flight: Bad pauses every few seconds, so it doesn’t seem to make any difference, unfortunately.

I’ve just ordered a replacement cable for the G2 to see if maybe that’s the cause.

My guess is the replacement cable. I haven’t noticed this with my G2, 3080, Windows home 11.

1 Like

@n3bulaR8358, what version of Windows are you on curently?

Windows 11 Home

Well, I think it was indeed the cable. Replacement arrived today, did a few test flights. No pauses so far, sim runs really smooth, no crashes :heart: