Constant updates are an issue for some of us

PLEASE … which part of "I press the start button for the game, the game does mandatory update check, the game responds “we found XX gb of updates”, “press CONTINUE” is so difficult? This is before I ever even get to the splash screens with scenery, let alone to ability to get into, or not get into the marketplace. It tells me, there are “XX gb of downloads required to continue” … As a part of, and during the course of the downloads, only then do I see what is being downloaded, and I am trying very hard to tell you, I am seeing LOTS of scenery form the latest popular areas around the world being downloaded as part of it.
I am very frustrated that this is just being glossed over because there are optional updates available in the marketplace once the game finally get started. I am try to tell you … THE MANDATORY UPDATE is including lots of world scenery that is unwanted.
Thank you Mr Moderator. I will just step away … seems to be far too much confusion about the difference between MANDATORY and OPTIONAL. These “OPTIONAL” pieces of world scenery ARE being shoved out in the “MANDATORY” updates, even if they are “OPTIONS” in the marketplace.

Closing topic.
@ForbidCellar894 I will send you a private message. :wink: