Constant White Circle Spinning since today's update

Restart your computers, it should remove the circle again.

1 Like

On Xbox hereā€¦game wonā€™t get past title screen before crashing.

1 Like

No interest in Dune. Do they even test these updates? On PC. I have the spinning circle too. Reboot did not help.

1 Like

Spinning circle too. And for the two times I tried to shut down MSFS today, it locked up during the process. Had to ā€˜End Taskā€™ the program both times with Task Manager.

Hi guys,

Just updated the sim and figured a small loss in performance and the dreaded loading circle makes its appearance again.

What happened. ?

1 Like

I had the spinning circle too. A game restart fixed the issue for me.

1 Like

I have the circle also during flight.

1 Like

If this is the result of just a scenery added to the sim I canā€™t imagine what is going to get broken with SU15ā€¦
Rebooting now, hopefully everything is normal as I have zero-zilch-nada of interest in a Dune aircraft scenery or anything related.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t get a spinning circle - well I might have because this unexpected update messed up my settings and I had to reboot anyway. Even with a restart it was still messed up but I managed to correct the relevant one and now all is back to normal.

But it would have been nice if we had been given the option to download, say through the Marketplace as theyā€™ve done before as, like others, this is of absolutely no interest to me. I even checked out the trailer and was left completely cold.

After a full reboot, solved the circle issue for me too.

Hello @Terrylawdinn,

The Dune Expansion is an optional download from the Marketplace just like all the World Updates. There is a very small mandatory download upon launching the sim, but this is just for the new loading screen and tile graphics.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

This is what is causing the spinning circle and degradation. Did not install the Dune content and neither did many others.

9 Likes

Definitely an issue with Xbox version.
Iā€™m on series X, none of the dune content loads. Infinity loading screens.

2 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™m just about done with this entire platform. Ready to throw in the towel and move on to X-Plane. Enough is enough. Nobody in the flight sim communityā€“or even those who fly in real lifeā€“should be forced to put up with nearly four years of non-stop nonsenseā€¦ This reminds me of Sierra Pro-Pilot all over again. Good luck with the next version, folks.

2 Likes

Me too. Is Asobo reading this post?

1 Like

Yes, the circle is back, and it never stops!!!

Really hard to believe

I also feel I cannot focus the image the same

Thatā€™s correct, itā€™s the MANDATORY update that takes place at launch. Without it you canā€™t simply launch it, and then the circle :nauseated_face:

And then restart and the circle is gone, PC steam versionā€¦

Think itā€™s tied to the login/verification. Mine went please wait and I restarted. It Made me do the ā€˜user who bought thisā€™ thing where it goes to the store and you hit launch. So if you donā€™t get that depending on how you ā€˜ownā€™ MSFS and canā€™t get in probably logging out and back in will likely fix it.

It really has been a ā€˜featureā€™ of MSFS2020 that itā€™s been two steps forward and always one back.

Regression issues and just outright problems caused by seemingly unrelated factors.

Really hope that MSFS2024 has stronger and longer beta testing. It will kill the franchiseā€™s popularity if the new sim has the same rushed content releases and poor quality assurance.

2 Likes