[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

I had the same problem, until i fond out that the Nvidia Experience app was adjusting my setting constantly. After deleting the Nvidia app i had no problems anymore. I download new drivers manualy now

1 Like

You didn’t have to delete it. You can change the setting so it doesn’t automatically adjust your games.

Did not work in my case, had to delete it.

1 Like

i disable photogrammetry today, i tired of melted treeldings, i tired of weak servers and freezing flight after ignore and restore, i lost almost nothing(autogen looks pretty good), and now is work more stable, may be after ms/asobo rebuild servers i’ll turning back photogrammetry
p.s. for sure you haven’t disable photogrammetry if photogrammetry city without addon, as with that case all famous buildings will looks not ok, i hope wu6 will game changer, but for now any heavy load place whatever internet you have - unacceptable

Oh no marketplace update due to a problem on their end? I wasn’t aware they had problems on their end. I can’t believe they market this. Just for instance and I know this isn’t apples to apples but I have been playing battlefield V and not one CTD, stutter or fps loss. NO OTHER GAMES FUNCTION LIKE THIS. I know it’s a complex piece of software but don’t release it if it’s like this. Some serious beta testing needs to happen before this ever enters the general public. Instead of being excited about an update I cringe because I know more things are going to break its just a matter of what. Don’t release anymore world updates. As most are saying fix the issues you have and make sure they are fixed and then add tested content. We don’t want to have to have a hotfix 1.235355333549 every time an update takes place. Make sure it works=hotfix not needed.

3 Likes

The Hotfix(es) reverted some adverse lighting effects, but unfortunately there’s still an issue with color banding and purple/greenish color fringes in the sky, but also in the water.

I notice these anomalies in many, if not most screenshots published on these forums to some extent.
I have posted a topic for the upcoming developers Q&A, as I think it will be interesting to know which changes they made lead to these effects and if they can and will be reverted.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/can-you-explain-the-changes-in-su5-that-lead-to-color-banding-and-fringes-for-many-user-on-sdr-monitors-and-are-they-fixable/443671?u=toml7753

2 Likes

The cloud bands almost look like the kind of compression artifacts I get when I convert a high res image to jpg.

I think we all need to understand that hotfixes are unlikely to address subtle scenery or lighting problems such as this but will primarily be fixes for CTDs and core functionalities that are keeping folk grounded. If other fixes happen to be ready at the time they might get tagged on but no doubt Microsoft are cautious that these hotfixes might not work for everyone and by fixing for one group it can introduce instabilities for another.

Of course it’s irksome when after each update the problem you complained about hasn’t been fixed but once again I’m sure it’s a question of urgency and that many scenery faults can only realistically be addressed by better Bing data.

3 Likes

Flying around Japan at 30000 feet this afternoon. Just a blurry mess beneath me. Tokyo didn’t even load in until I was 500ft above the runway when the textures started top pop in.

I’m running a 7 5800x and 3080 with 32gb of ram. Everything ultra. Disappointing.

1 Like

At a guess it’s internet or you haven’t used the Cfg.opt hack and/or reset your graphics

Internet speed is 500mps. I haven’t changed cfg file. Is it easy to do?

Yes but first you must locate it and that’s different for Steam and Store.

I don’t use it myself as I don’t have high end hardware so can’t say which settings to change except for LOD however there are multiple threads saying what is what if you just make a seach for UserCfg.opt
Confine it to recent (since 27JUL) and be sure to pay attention to other peoples posts and I also suggest leaving a bit in the sim so that you are not stuttering at every airport or city.

To reset your graphics in MSFS set them to Low End press Apply and Save and the raise them up to the approximate level you can manage. Several parameters have completely changed so a retune is needed

NVidia Experience would prevent my computer from sleeping.

Maybe I’m half blind but I see no color banding or weird color variations in your photo examples.

Well stated.

With all of the possible hardware combinations and people installing who knows what software on their systems, no amount of testing can “make sure it works”.

Also, Battlefield V is not comparable to MSFS.

1 Like

UUUhh, don’t tempt me… :innocent:
Did you “pop” out the pictures to view them in their original resolution? If so, you could notice purple color fringes around the cloud edges in the upper center of the first picture and quite a few areas without color variation (tbh they are clearly visible in the reduced picture too). In the second picture there’s this giant, flat and greenish “blob” in the lower right corner up to the elevator of the TBM, also outlined by a purple glow.
If you don’t see it: we all have different expectations and perceptions. That’s just how it is.

That’s why I said it wasn’t apples to apples. I was merely using that as an example that I don’t have problems with other games.

Perhaps its your monitor then? :blush:
I’m staying away from very saturated colors anyway, and have to really, really focus to only imagine seeing what you mention. Hardly a fault in the sim I would say, certainly not worthy of complaining about, and probably even more related to the Bing data.

When the problem didn’t exist prior to an update, it isn’t the monitor.

1 Like