[CONT] Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

You can disable page file to keep the speed. So it’s a feature, not a requirement. If it’s not a requirement you can not assume it’s there.

I just honestly want to know if there is a page file for xbox, because i can’t find any info about it in any MS documentation…

Many seem not to realise that there is a huge difference between the sim USING a lower amount of memory and being LIMITED to a lower amount of memory.

Its not a huge difference to be honest. It means most of the time it wont go over this artificial limit

All you need to do is watch their behavior. So many times they get a question, and we get a deer in headlights expression.

2 Likes

Possibly, i don’t know :wink:

Please no, I run VM’s and high memory consuming compilations :wink:

Yep.

Difference is being forced as in optimizing :wink: (as in amount of comitted memory given)

1 Like

Why not just say that the Xbox has forced the PC to the Xbox hardware capabilities.
End of story.

How is it a limit if it can go over it? :thinking:

The difference is huge because if it just using less, then there is lots of overhead for expansion. If it is limited then it can go no higher than it currently is.

At least i’m not, i’m trying to get proof if that’s the case. For example knowing if there is a page file, which is the only answer in helping you claiming the app is running xbox limited code :wink:

If there is no page file, the PC sim does not to appear to be limited to XBOX memory, hence the 17GB memory commit size proofing this.

Quick question. Are you editing the user config file LODs setting to force that much memory use? That type of memory use was what I would see before the update. 64 Gigs here also. Also your pretty maxed out on the GPU side. Hence the low fps

Here are the Xbox specification TECH SPECS

• PROCESSOR. CPU. 8X Cores @ 3.8 GHz (3.66 GHz w/SMT) Custom Zen 2 CPU. GPU. …
  • MEMORY & STORAGE. Memory. 16GB GDDR6 w/320 bit-wide bus. Memory Bandwidth. …
  • VIDEO CAPABILITIES. Gaming Resolution. True 4K. …
  • PORTS & CONNECTIVITY. HDMI. 1x HDMI 2.1 port. …
  • DESIGN. Dimensions 15.1cm x 15.1cm x 30.1cm. Weight 9.8 lbs.
1 Like

Is 16GB the hard limit? if so, i would expect no more then 9GB memory commit for “regular” ram usage on pc, because it’s the xbox code, right?. 5GB would be enough to be used for video ram. 1GB is reserved for the OS (on xbox).

You got it my man.

Why do i get 17GB commit then? that would OOM on the xbox.

No edits to the config file, just everything maxed out in the settings, including 200 render scale. It is also at a heavily modded EGKK (which is amazing and FREE! Gatwick Airport EGKK Ultra Full Edition: Custom Runways/taxiways/aprons/parking/buildings and Models » Microsoft Flight Simulator) which has a LOT of custom objects.

My card is only a 3080 so it swamps it on loading at that render scale, but I can get 30 to 40 FPS on all ultra normally, due to heavy overclocking.

1 Like

I have no idea. I have never seen anything committed above 16GB on my system.

And that’s why we can not say we are running XBox memory reservation code on PC :wink:

So how is my system using over 16GB just on CPU RAM, as well as over 8GB on Video RAM? :thinking:

What everyone is experiencing is the Sim randomly running any settings it feels like ( check all the youtube vids) so no one can say for sure what settings we are trying, you can say you are on Ultra but you may not be, so basically we are fiddling around while Rome burns.
Something is seriously wrong with the software since SU5. The list of things broken by this update for PC users must be in the 100’s due to one update.

Its a target not a limit. But they amount to the same thing.

The reason is the engine is trying to maintain a smaller amount of RAM usage to always keep it under 6.5gb (for the xbox and general performance), meaning it is hard culling textures not in the ViewPort. If you are not using a rolling cache, these have to be redownloaded, and why I think people are getting issues with stutters and reloads when they change cameras.

This is different to a hard limit but has virtually the same effect. In SU4 those textures would remain in RAM (or VRAM) and not need to be reloaded. This was not practical for the Xbox release.

So yes its effectively knee capping the PC although as my images show it can get up to 7.1GB (maybe the limit is 8).

Look at comitted memory in the details tab or performance monitor, that is how much the OS has comitted itself to the app to be able to be used. The committed column :wink:

See my post with screenshot above