Control drone with 2nd controller

Was thinking it would be cool to have a 2nd local player control the drone camera with a separate controller while player 1 flies. I tried configuring 2 controllers to try this, but seems like a no-go. Flight controls seem to be disabled when in drone camera mode. (?) Is there any control configuration or mapping that would allow for this, or some other 2 player side-by-side play?

Only thing i know is when in dronemode you can press “C” to get the controls (toggle). (But i think you cannot use the drone keys then. But anyhows.)

1 Like

Currently, there are several methods to control your plane.

(1) Joystick and Throttle
(2) Xbox (or generic) Controller

For content creators and videography, it would be beneficial to be able to completely decouple your
controller as a default device for plane control when you toggle between drone and plane control functionality. I would like for there to be an option to assign the controller to exclusively control the drone camera and to not be associated with the plane controls.

With this option, you can use the joystick to control the plane and freely use your controller for the drone camera and create seamless smooth cinematic shots.

Currently there is a manual Plane Control toggle and the issue is when you toggle to Plane Control, the controller defaults as plane control instead of the controller remaining in control of the camera. Similarly, when in Drone Camera mode, the Joystick is essentially “off” and you can’t use it to control your plane, which is equally odd.

Alternatively, if Joystick and Throttle functionality was enabled for the plane in Drone Camera mode, this would also fix the issue of having to use the manual Plane Control toggle.

Indeed it is very annoying to fly the plane with no controls while in drone mode.
It would be great if the plane controls were independent from the drone.
Another problem is that the drone doesn’t follow the aircraft when flying by, like it used to be in tne ancvient tower view of FSX and P3D.
In that case it could be possible to set up a real tower view, which is unfortunately missing.
Please bring this back

I’ve been thinking about this lately. I’d love to have a mode where the aircraft controls (HOTAS or Yoke/TQ) and views are switched to one monitor, and drone controls (Xbox controller) are on another monitor, allowing one person to fly the plane, and another person to fly the drone, essentially in chase mode. With today’s powerful computers, this shouldn’t be impossible to achieve.

Maybe we’d need two LAN networked computers sharing a synchronized airspace. Probably harder to achieve, but would improve CPU/GPU resource management.
I fly on the main computer, while you, for example, fly the drone in the same airspace on a laptop, keeping my plane in view as I maneuver.

Would be especially cool if two players could do this over the internet. Maybe FS2028?