Control Options - Button Visual Feedback Broken

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.
Yes, but unrelated.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No

Brief description of the issue:
Pressing button that has been configured on Control Options no longer provides pressed feedback.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
In the Control Options, for a previously configured device with buttons assigned to a function such as raise or lower flaps or toggle parking brakes. Pressing the button no longer gives indication that the button has been pressed whereas prior to SU5 it did.
Configured AXIS such as elevators, ailerons, throttle still work.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)
No relevant.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After SU5

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Microsoft Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?
Yes - #129319

I can’t believe this doesn’t have more votes! Is this a duplicate? Not having visual feedback in the control settings screen makes it very very difficult to learn/check your control assignments. The only way to know for sure that a certain button or switch is controlling a certain action is to re-assign it! I have never said this before in the entire history of MSFS 2020, but “this must be fixed!”.

p.s. I have submitted this to zendesk as a bug

2 Likes

I have exactly this problem and it remains after Hot Fixes 1 and 2

I have exactly this problem

Yes same here and hope this gets fixed soon.

I have the same problem since SU5 update, even after most recent update and hotfixes. It is frustrating to figure out which function is assigned to which buttons or controls.

This should be a priority fix!

Same here… switch position feedback indicators on the Controls Options menu/screen no longer work. I too submitted a ticket.

Nice to see this finally fixed today…

Still isn’t working on my system.

Nor is it working for me. Am i missing something?

Did this start working again automatically for you after installing the update?

Sorry guys, I may have gotten a couple of issues mixed up, and its been a while…
My recollection was that I wasn’t able to use the "search by input "- (click in the search input box, then press a control to see what it is mapped to). This is what I checked last night, and I am certain this wasn’t working after SU5, hence I thought the issue was fixed.
Sorry for any confusion.

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
Allocated key and switch binds used to be highlighted when activated in the control options area, they no longer do this.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Go to control options, press a keybind that is listed on the screen. It used to highlight to show activation, no longer does.

This is still (not) happening. Makes checking existing binds difficult. Annoying since it used to work well.

Annoying that this very useful tool still not working.

1 Like

I submitted a ticket regarding this issue back in September. The status of the ticket said “Solved” the instant after I submitted it. But it’s definitely NOT “solved” - at least not on my end of things! Maybe “Ignored” would be a more accurate word? :wink:

What am I missing?

1 Like

Has anybody managed to get this working again? After two clean re-installs its still not working for me.

Nope, 6 months on from when I first posted this it still hasn’t been fixed. Asobo have been to busy adding other stuff rather than fixing things that they have broken in the process.

Given the usefulness of this utility I am amazed there is not a wider body of protest at the lack of a fix. Makes me wonder if there is a fix which for some reason has passed us by. I have opened another ticket on Zendesk more in hope than expectation!

1 Like

Well - here is the definitive answer from Zendesk:
"Doing a clean install will not fix this issue because there is no workaround for this bug. This is how it’s currently working. The only thing you can do is wait for a patch in the future. "
Given the lack of user pressure I don’t see this bug being addressed anytime soon!