Control sensitivity after update 5

Focusing on the practical side, before the last update I flew the Cessna 152 without any problems, being able to perform smooth takeoffs and landings and a sense of reality that gave me a lot of fun at FS 2020. After the software update, although it was possible to get a good calibration for the “x” and “z” axes, it was not possible to obtain a minimally acceptable calibration for the “y” axis (elevator), which ends the fun, as it impacts takeoffs, landings, aircraft trimming and coordinated curves. What a pity!

I had that problem too. I found he aircraft model wasn’t set to ”modern”. What a difference! Having fun again!

Yeah, this new “curve” is atrocious. That kink they threw in after the wavy bit is right at small GA stall horn and making bush flying completely unenjoyable now. Now when i come in to land in a tight spot and flare, I can’t slow it down and ease it into the horn for a smooth and slow 3pt touch down, or even 2pt in the c152 for that matter it just goes from silent to WAH. I would prefer wwwaahHHHH to touch down instead lol i laugh but I’m crying inside until they fix it :pensive:

All I want is full range of my levers, not just the middle half. Top and bottom, fully 25% of the leaver is dead zone. Micro adjustments of my power lever gets really old after awhile. And don’t give me any malarky about my controller being at fault… it worked fine in all other sims to date. Thanks for nothing Asobo…

1 Like

yup, us gamepadders are now limited to 50 to 70% (if you move it just right) of our already short, joystick movement. i just cant fathom it, first the rudder oof and now this? just wish i didnt give them so much of my money already.

If you are still not happy with the control sensitivity overall - like me - feel free to give the thread in the Bugs & Issues section an upvote:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/sensitivity-control-surface-authority/310521/11

1 Like

Although I’m retired, in theory, time should not be a problem. After trying to get my controls sorted after this latest update to even remotely feel like real flying… it’s been impossible. If I want to fly its x plane for me. I have lost the will to live.
Disappointed

But it literally isn’t, I can’t fly now. I could fly just fine before with some sensitivity adjustments, but nothing i do takes the kink out of that new curve rendering the entire thing useless for bush flying (as that is all i do). Just sitting here hoping they fix their fix for the thing that didn’t need fixed. Atleast allow an option to use the old sensible curve ffs.

1 Like

I’ve posted about sensitivity a few times and they even mentioned one of their items to fix was the in-game FLIGHT CONTROL SENSITIVITY. They have said it is now fixed, but all they did was add some more “curve” options and I’m not repurchasing the game until this is fixed and there is no way its gunna make it to consoles with this problem either. The issue isn’t and has never been the curve, which does nothing more than assign a position to the in-game flight control’s position depending on the position of your input device. Eg: move your joy or thumbstick 30% to the left and the in-game flight control will move instantly where you have set the curve to, maybe 20% of the flight control’s movement.

What they actually need is a sensitivity option that slows the movement of the in-game flight control… that’s it, plain and simple. Eg: if you move your joy or thumbstick 100% to the left, the flight control will EVENTUALLY get to 100%, maybe within a 1/4 or 1/2 of a second or whatever speed (sensitivity) you set it to. This is what occurs in FSX and countless driving games. Currently in MSFS, the in-game control moves INSTANTLY to the position relative to the curve you have, which makes moving your controller or bumping your desk have more affect on the plane than the wind.

(I’m just chiming in because I want this game to kick ■■■ because the potential is massive and I want to get the wheels turning on this issue.

Slowing down the motion of the flight controls was a really bad idea in FSX.
It induces PIOs (pilots induced oscillations) due to the delayed input, that’s all.

The way it is now is a 100% better compromise (which is always needed IMO if the joystick travel is shorter than the real worlds stick/yoke)

1 Like

I know what you mean im using the Saitek yoke system and on the ground espescially trying to taxi is awkward. You can either turn the plane not enough or WAY too much like a drunk trying to drive a car swerving side to side

4 Likes

@akaDoobey5573 @HugeCorgi01368 @PapaTango51 @AviatorJPPin @anon27617688

I am using an ancient MS Sidewinder Precision 2

I also fly primarily “bush”, Cub, Baron, King Air. Changing my sensitivities to 0% across the board has allowed me to use the same techniques I used in thousands of hours of doing the same trips in real life.
Obviously everybody’s setups are different but checking the above mentioned issues have saved a LOT of users grief. Give it a shot. Can’t hurt.

2 Likes

Using a t1600m. The profiles were all changed after the last update and now using a -25% for all axis works much better. Throttle/Prop/Mixture are kept linear.

1 Like

I’m just getting used to it now good thing with the yoke got more control with it for me it was just a bug bear isn’t make or break for me. The issues with the taa "tweeks’, the weather never being right random thunderstorm appearing in bright blue sky and lightning from no clouds whatsoever and the live traffic on the other hand

1 Like

The solution works for me :slight_smile: Thanks.

1 Like

Works way better now, same settings:

Before fix:

After fix:

1 Like

with using logitech yoke try -70%

I succeed to fine tune the elevator axis on Cessna 172 after installing the last mandatory update, woot!

I have purchased every MSFS since its inception even got in on the early bird purchase of MSFS2020 was extremely excited had a few bumps along the way with the program size of patches etc. but this latest patch has floored me and I will be going back to my FSX program. Software rules have been broken here in that all software upgrades patches etc. must always be backward compatible. I have a Saitek CYBORG EVO which just plugs into FSX and it works I have tried all sensitivity settings as suggested above and still I cannot control this ■■■■ game. I have a suggestion why not create a matrix for all the different hardware used in Aviation Simulation with the appropriate settings I am willing to bet my controller was not tested with the patch doubt whether I will purchase another Microsoft product you have let us down with I believe lack of appropriate testing.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.