Control sensitivity way to sensitive, same for trim wheel

For the trimwheel look for something with elevator trim effectiveness because it concearns the horizontal tailwing not the rudder which is the vertical on the tail.
In different type of planes this can be seen if youre in outside view behind the plane. The cessna for example has a section on the tailwing on the right side, you can see what i mean if you press c key to take control of the airplane outside than if you control the trimwheel by keypresses. Check out on different aircraft type.
It is to enlighten pressure on the Yoke collum elevator during take off or landing or attitude deviation. To change the so called angle of attack.
Better well trimmed than unshaved i say

Good trimming to all of you.

Thanks for the info. Having to do this on each aircraft is a major pain in the whatever eh? It also could be overwritten during an MS patch or version change.

It should not be so, because that would be in my opinion a privacy violation it is still a personal computer. And by the way, if you put it in youre device profiles, gave them the name of the airplane plus addition, in that way it is safe unless de designer assign different values overall. Than it adaptatie in the plane configuration but remember to make a back-up file in case you twist it to much.

Enjoy

Perhaps I don’t understand what you’re saying, but If you are modifying elements of the sim on your computer that are going to get overwritten as part of a download for a patch or version change, then your changes would be lost. However another user mentioned that changes can be saved in a Community folder which is not overwritten as part of those processes.

Do we get any lag with this mod (XedocProject)? Will it mess with other games as well or can we set profiles for especific games? Because this is a specific problem with MSFS. Because then we might muffle our responses in other games.

More importantly, do we have any feedback from the developers? So far I see no mention in the wishlist, and even though they are bringing back the sensitivity adjustments (that went AWOL in the last update), we still need further adjustment.

Someone was saying here that it is not just a problem of control sensitivity, but a problem of physics, when the control surfaces are too responsive to the wind / thrust. So it is a flight model problem.

They should have been on top of it, because if a flight simulator has bad control surfaces, what then? I even gave up trying the challenges. The planes are too unstable to get a good score. I gather that some people might be using mods or have controls that are not so affected by it, and I imagine pedals with hall sensors would suffer less, but the issue should be at least in the wishlist.

I was going to open a thread, but it seems the problem is well documented.

BINGO !!! I 100% agree, and affects ALL Planes, GA & Airline

2 Likes

I do have to say, i have been flying the Carenado Mooney almost exclusively the last week, and it flies so much better than the standard planes.

1 Like

Which Mooney from Carenado are you flying?

Uhm, the M20R Ovation, the only one they released for MSFS2020 so far.

1 Like

Either they adjusted the controls according to our feedback (players) or the flight model is better at control surfaces. The good part is to know that it can be fixed or made better. The bad part is that Asobo did not fix it so far, and this is a complaint made by players basically since day one. We are on the third update and nothing.

Controls surfaces are critical. It is the same as sell a bike with misaligned wheels and no fixes in sight. I hope they get to it as soon as possible.

EDIT: talking about the M20R Ovation. For some reason I can’t quote who posted about the M20R Ovation. In fact most of the times I can’t quote posts. I select the quote icon, but nothing happens.

Highlight (like you’re going to copy the text) the part you want to quote, and a “quote” box will appear over it. Click that, and…you now have a quote! :blush:

1 Like

Geez… I love Microsoft :joy: :joy: :joy:

Just kidding. This game is the future. We just have to endure it in the first years.

1 Like

Here is the “Possible” problem as I see it.

In pre-release, the planes “flew” OK …
Then after release, something got broken in in the sim, so ALL planes did not fly correctly.
(Not a change in the planes, but a change in the physics of fying)

3rd Party developers have “modified” their planes to try to counter this, and they fly “Reasonably well”. I can take an ASOBO plane, and by modding its .cfg files in a really CRAZY way, make the plane fly “better”, and cover up some of the suspected physics bugs.

The problem now come, if ASOBO gets around to fixing the Physics, while their planes might become more flyable again all the “FUDGED” 3rd party planes will then be off, and require updates to match ASOBO’s corrected physics.

I really cannot believe that ASOBO still currently have anyone re-testing their Aircarft, with enough Real World Experience, to be able to tell that the behavior of the Asobo Planes is “down the toilet”.

1 Like

I found this video showing the path to the code where we can muffle the sensitivity respose of the control surfaces. Tweak it at your own peril. I’m not sure how it would interact with future upgrades. I might try it.

I’m not sure why they did not fix it already, forcing us to patch these things.

Depending on your controller setup, and certainly in my individual case, this is not necessary. I would imagine this has a lot to do with the revolution of you control devices. The lower the resolution, the more twitchy your controls will feel.

I have very high quality ‘high resolution’ controllers and they don’t work well. The issue is also with flight surface movements that do not have a linear correlation with controller inputs.

Experienced simers and real pilots know that something is wrong with this sim and I think users should not have to make do, institute workarounds, change configuration files etc.

As others have mentioned it’s likely in great part flight modeling issues. I have not seen this issue on the MS fix list, which is pretty astounding. I’ve decided to bail for a while and use other simulators and wait a few months for things to get sorted out.

1 Like

Which controllers do you use?

My Yoko the Yoke+ has 12bits (4096) for both pitch, and roll. I fly with zero dead zone, and the tiniest moves of the yoke yields very gentle movements. The only controller I adjusted in-sim were my rudder pedals.

For example, the Honeycomb yoke. A very popular bit of kit, but everything I found about this seems to indicate it only has 8bit precision per axis. That’s 256 discrete values, which is a 1/16th of the Yoko.

Oddly, I cannot see this listed on their official pages anywhere.

The CH Products Flight Sim Yoke has 10-bits per 5 axes, or 2048 bits, by comparison. Some list this, some don’t, and I think they should.

My G940 has hall sensors for the stick, and although I can fly the TBM and the XCub fine, that red biplane goes all over the place at the slightest movement on the stick. Just unflyable for me. And my pedals have a pot, which renders the rudder pretty useless in MSFS.

They have to check the flight models first (people reporting wrong physics) and then come with a sensibility adjustment that takes all of this into account.

People flying with the MFG or Virpil pedals might account for less than 0.01% of the player base if we consider the game sold more than a million copies already. They can’t set the game just for who has a hall sensor pedal.

1 Like

True, and for the record, both the Aviation Pitts Special S2S, and Extra 330 are a little twitchy for me as well. But they are acrobatic aircraft, and are supposed to be that way.

To me the Pitts Special has a broken flight model. The aerodynamic principals have to work the same for every plane, be it an acrobatic plane or not.