Controller input stops when changing to VR

Using the Steam version on PC
I am sometimes in Developer Mode

I’m using an Oculus Quest 2 with Oculus Link. It mostly works great, except the known menu issue (CTRL-1, CTRL-0)… and that when I switch to VR mode, the sim just stops accepting input from most of my hardware. I’m going through the VFR Training mostly.

What I do is switch to VR, then load a training flight (probably normal flights too, but haven’t tried yet) and my hardware:
Honycomb Yoke: stays responding
Saitek pedals: stop responding
Saitek Quadrant: stop responding

After things stop responding, I hit ESC and go into Controls. I then click on each of the controllers, not changing any settings, then go back to my flight and all the controllers work again. This is new in SU7.

This happens right when a flight is loaded, and sometimes mid-flight. I’ve also tried changing some settings in Controls thinking there is a different profile or something in VR, but that didn’t change anything. I also tried doing this from the VR menu, but that doesn’t seem to create any new profile or anything.

I’m set to use the non-Legacy mode in Accessibility options too (forgot what that was called).

Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions?

I posted this reply in another thread, but will copy it here for you as I think it’s relevant…

“The people reporting here that the issues are software related, not (USB) hardware related are correct IMHO. I am relatively new to MSFS, but have a full motion driving sim rig and decided to add a Warthog HOTAS to it and start exploring flight simulation. I mapped left/right rudder axis control to my sim clutch and accelerator pedals, and in 2d triple screen format, it all works perfectly. After doing the first 8 or 9 training exercises, I thought I would try out my HP Reverb G2 headset and initially was thrilled with the results until I realised my rudder control had stopped working. I also noticed in one exercise that throttle was not working, although the cockpit graphics showed the throttle know moving in and out (but no actual engine response strangely). Rudder control immediately returned in 2d screen mode.
Initially, like many suggestions here, I suspected USB conflicts (I have a lot of USB devices connected from this rig). But swapping out ports and disabling devices changed nothing. I then tried remapping rudder control to the keyboard and it still became disabled in VR mode.
Today, though, I discovered the following… the pop-up dialog with instructions from the Flight Instructor is displayed in the direct centre of vision at the beginning of an exercise. This is truly annoying as it generally blocks the view of take-off/landing approach, so I would always move the message box to one side with my mouse. For a change, I decided to close it by clicking the little X in the upper right corner. Rudder control immediately became active. As soon as another message box of instructions popped up, rudder control disappeared again. As soon as I closed it, rudder control returned. So there is a definite software problem in VR mode. It’s fine to try and close messages every now and again, but theres inevitably a message displayed right on approach before flaring and you just don’t have time to dismiss the message before you’re on the tarmac and veering out of control off the runway without rudder control.
Being new to this forum and MSFS in general, I’m not sure if theres a better work around, or a setting I could change to address it, and I dont know how I go about reporting this bug. Maybe some of you here know what I should do with this information???”

To report the issue, go to Support (top of this page) and then “Submit a Request”. You will need to document the issue so that it can be reproduced on their end and (hopefully) addressed.

This is a known issue with Microsoft Flight Simulator. for example I have a second monitor that I pull over the ATC to and when I mouse over to click a response all controls freeze or are not active. As soon as I bring my mouse over to the main monitor everything resumes functioning. This is due to the loss of focus. You can post a bug report if you want but it’s not going to get fixed at least not in MSFS 2020