Controller Profile Always DEFAULT, Honeycomb Alpha + Bravo & Logitech Pedals

Hello All

I have an issue I’ve been working on for over 2 weeks now.

My controller profile is ALWAYS on DEFAULT.
Whatever i do it stays on DEFAULT, I have deleted all profiles and started over from scratch 3 times. And still the same.
As i load a created profile in main menu it is back to DEFAULT when i start the flight and are in the plane, and when i try to change profile “in flight” i dont see my created profiles. Only Default is visual in that menu. This is for all controllers and not only for lets say Honeycomb bravo. Back in Main Menu i can see my saved profiles though, so they must be saved somewhere.

Things i have tried based on all comments from forums:

1. Deleted all existing profiles and rebooted system before creating new profile.
  2. Removed all files from community folder, and tried after restart system again.
  3. Erased profiles in the WGS folder
  4. Disconnected all controllers and plugged them in after MSFS have booted.
  5. Repaired MSFS2020 from windows menu.
  6. Reinstalled MSFS2020
  7. Erased everything and installed Windows 11 again, totally fresh start. And then installed MSFS2020 again. This time without any addons or extra planes installed. Have not installed the AFC_Bridge either.
  8. Looked around in different folders to try and find the path to where the DEFAULT profile settings are saved / loaded to my system. (have not found it yet, WSG only stores the one that is created )

So all of this and probably some points i missed here and its still the same. only DEFAULT control profile is working.

The strange thing is that after the complete “wipe” of the computer, when i installed it again my profile i had on MSFS before i deleted it was back.
So for me the profiles are saved and tied to my microsoft account some how. And there must be something wrong in any of those files and i don’t know how or if i am able to delete these files so i can have a “FRESH START”. Maybe create a new account, but then i probably have to purchase MSFS2020 again.?

I bought this computer just for MSFS2020 in November 2021.
The first time i installed MSFS2020 it all worked “fine” (always some small issues as you all know). I could create profiles and load them for different planes. It was working quite good actually. The issues i have now started because i “played” with the graphics settings and managed to put it to high (i have 3 superwide screens 3440 x 1440 = 10320 x 1440 and put the render scaling to max. Yeah, i know. But sometimes we have to try just to see what happens, Right :see_no_evil:
Anyways, i “broke” MSFS and got CTD. And since the last settings are saved i got CTD every time i started MSFS. So thats why i had to reinstall it in the first place, and when my nightmare begun.

So please, if you have an ide of what it could be im open to try more things.
For me it seams like i have somehow created a faulty file and this is saved in the cloud and loaded every time i start MSFS and i can not delete or change this files as they are in Microsofts servers. I could be wrong, but i dont see how at this moment though.

(All controllers work when i try them in X-Plane on my Mac, so there is nothing wrong with the hardware)

SYSTEM ETC…

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Premium Deluxe Game of the Year Edition
PC version

Microsoft Store version (Digital Licens)

Developer Mode or made changes in it? NO

Windows 11

HP Omen 30L GT13-1848no

• Intel® Core™ i9-11900K processor
  • NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090-grafik
  • 32 GB DDR4 RAM, 1 TB SSD + 2TB HDD (MSFS2020 running on main SSD)

Honeycomb Alpha
Honeycomb Bravo
Logitech Pedals
Air Manager + Knobster

My wild guess is that the config files that store those settings must be set to “read only” in your file system, which prevents settings from saving.

No, I have no idea what or where those files are…

1 Like

Anyone that could have an idea?
Got a mail from the Support team that suggested checking the Xbox services in Taskmanager and making sure they were set to AUTOMATIC.

They were not, but after changing them to Automatic, I still have a program for $120 that is useless. Throttles are inverted and I have double switches for lights and avionics/ Batt.
Whatever changes I do in the configurator, they are gone and beck to default when the flight is loaded up. Imagine flying anything else than a single-engine plane with only the single-engine plane default settings loaded for your controllers.
MSFS 2020 is so full of bugs and small issues that I’m about to give up.

I have spent more time on the web and in forums trying to fix issues than I am actually flying… And from my understanding, I’m not alone…

1 Like

Silly question. Did you SAVE the profile with a new name when you modified it? You will need to create separate profiles for 1, 2 and 4 engines. plus simple and complex (included mixture) for single and twin-engined aircraft.

I have the same issue like REDBULLswe, have new computer, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and even if I made my own profiles for diferent combinations of engines, I am not abble to change profile in game. I see my profile in settings, but not in plane.

Have somebody a solution for this?

1 Like

Guys don’t worry about seeing them in game I had this issue too
Just switch to them from the control options. They will register and you can use them

After countless testing Ive noticed that the profile name is there but the actual bidnings are gone so go back to your old profile redo everything and save. And whatever profile you want to use just select from control options

I had to select my keyboard
Rudder’s
Throttle and yoke all over again before every flight where I wanted to change aircraft.
Yes it’s frustrating but it works

If this doesn’t work for you then make new profiles

Sad this forums support sucks. People have a problem they whine then give up

Hi,
Just purchased the Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo and I get exactly the same problem: the only profiles that appear are the DEFAULT profile despite having created a custom profile by using the PRESET manager of MSFS2020.
I hope this problem would have been solved by AEROSOFT, HONEYCOMB and/or MSFS2020 since this topic was first posted.
Any idea how to solve this problem?
Many thanks.

I just got off from 4 hours struggling with this prblem. MSFS would not let me change the profile from Default which is useless for me. MS pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee fix this problem!!!

Just to add my problem, exactly the same. I’ve tried everything the others tried, nada. And what is so weird is that initially, for several weeks I had at least 25 profiles saved and I cycled to them as needed.

Glad I found this forum. Spent about 2 hours banging my head creating the controller profiles. Back to Xplane 11 till this is sorted out.
Steam Msfs 2020 GTY, Windows 11, Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle and Logitech Rudder.
A pretty game and no way to thoroughly enjoy it! Suck teeth!

So I should click read only to off to save new settings?

Figured it out! Alpha + Bravo switches etc have binding conflicts. Eg switches 34 - 46 on Bravo Quadrant have a few external lights taxi, strobe assigned to them which conflict with the switches on the Alpha yoke. This is ok for commercial aircraft but bad for ga.
Create new profiles then resolve conflicts by using “search by input” function.
All created profiles are called 'default, when loaded to fly.
Simhanger has a great video on youtube to explain all of this. His video also helped me to get my leds to work.
Hope this helps.

I just did a fresh install of Windows 11 and MSFS. Now I can’t save any control profiles. If I create a new one with a custom name and save it, then add key bindings and save them, once I exit the controls menu they’re gone and the only profile available is “default.” It does this both from the main menu and if I try to do it during a flight. It’s really really frustrating. My UserConfig is NOT set to read-only. I’m using a Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, and Saitek rudder pedals.

hi all, did anybody resolve this issue? (I don’t have the conflicting inputs across alpha and bravo and started having the same problem a few days ago…) thanks!

Same issue. Any resolution?