Controller Profile gets corrupted

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

The controller profile for one of my devices somehow got corrupted, and it shows like some controls are “correctly configured”, but fail to work inside the airplanes. If I create a new profile and assign identical controls, it works. If I return to the “corrupted” profile, it stops working. If I clone the “corrupted” profile, the errors still show on the copied version.

The corruption is such that the controls page shows the input correctly, but the plane no longer reacts to the inputs.

I reported this earlier here: Throttle won't move with HOTAS, but controls show correct input from Hardware device

Unfortunately, someone decided this was a hardware community support issue, which it clearly isn’t. This has nothing to do with the hardware. It is MSFS and the control profile. Please, do not redirect this to the community help, I have resolved the issue for me, but it meant re-creating all my input values.

The BUG is that somehow the profile gets corrupted and, even thought the controls page shows the input as “correct”, the plane is not responding to its feedback.

An interesting pointer is that: Reassigning the failing control also does not resolve the issue. So, apparently, the corruption happens “between” the profile and the actual plane use of the profile.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNbw0k-8o_c

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

See video

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 3700x 3080TI

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Fix Controller profiles (Missing or Corrupting)